Monday, February 1, 2010

Ensemble

I had a dentist appointment today after work. He took out the temp filling he had put in two weeks ago to replace it with a permanent one. He wanted to just pop out the temp and put in the permanent one- without anesthesia! I told him um, no way, shoot me up Doc.

He took out the temp, put in the permanent one but apparently it did not fit perfectly- like I could tell. So he put the temp back in and told me to come back next week. Oh joy.

The best part though was he told me I dress well and used the word ensemble. For the record yes he is gay; only gay men use the word ensemble when describing attire or an outfit. I loved it because many of the women at work tell me I dress well (none of them have used the word ensemble) and the husband laughs and tells me I still dress like a straight guy. To top it all off, the husband has a dentist appointment with him tomorrow and I asked him to tell the husband that I dress well and he liked my ensemble.

It would appear the Volcker Rule will not make it through Congress. I am not altogether shocked as it is not strong on details.

No comments: