Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday, Sunday...

Ok, I have no problem with bad science fiction movies- I actually enjoy them. But holy shit- Legion was such a bad movie! Last night we took the boys to see Legion and it was sooo bad. Of course I knew that the boys would love it and they did. They thought it was sooo cool and so good. Funny thing is we have now taken the boys to see two R-rated movies and both had Dennis Quaid in them (Pandorum and Legion). The first was pretty good but Legion- Dennis Quaid should be embarrassed. The one redeeming quality was Lucas Black's guns at the end of the flick. The end also kinda left it open to a sequel. If there is one I would imagine it goes straight to DVD- actually I hope it does.

Today we skated in the afternoon. It was great and we were in the middle of a heatwave- it got up to freezing today! My youngest looked at my hand and noticed the abrasions I had on my knuckles. He asked what happened and I told him they were from karate yesterday. Abrasions- they happen when you are hitting muy thai pads without wraps or bag gloves. I am a bit old school though and when I started down the road to the black belt one did not wear wraps or bag gloves during core class. I still don't and that is the price I pay I guess.

So, PS and SP- our friends who live across the street and got us to move into our home- are moving to D.C. come June. We're bummed but it is a great chance for them and they may not stay there. We had drinks with them this evening when I got back from dropping the boys off at their mom's house.

This looks like it will be a busy week. The husband has his other book club tomorrow night. I have karate Tuesday and Wednesday, I think we are free Thursday and we have no plans for the Super Bowl this year but it will be our four year anniversary for when we met.

I actually wasted five minutes of my life reading Mr. Volcker's editorial in the NYT today. He did not write anything new from what he has been saying for close to a year now and I agree with some of his points but I am sure it will cause a huge commotion in the markets tomorrow.

No comments: