Monday, January 18, 2010

A three day weekend

Friday my brother and his wife came to town for the weekend. They got into Penn Station around 6 PM, I met them there and we took the PATH home. The husband had already had quite a bit of cooking wine preparing dinner. Dinner was amazing- chicken poached in olive oil with anchovy-Parmesan dressing. I made a quick ratatouille and salad. We then played cards and hit the hay around midnight.

Saturday we took them to lunch in the city for lunch then hit the High Line. Afterwards we took them to my office. They were amazed at the views.

Saturday evening we had dinner reservations in the city. My youngest brother and his wife met us at the restaurant as well. Dinner was amazing and the best part was my brother paid for it. We then went to the Strip House for an after dinner drink. My youngest brother and his wife then went home and the four of us went back to Hoboken and went to a bar my brother loves and had a few more drinks.

Yesterday I took them back into the city to catch their train back and then I hit the gym and did a run. The husband and I watched Paranormal Activity last night. This time we watched the theatrical ending and I have to say that ending was much scarier than the alternate ending.

Speaking of movies I cannot believe they are remaking the following: Red Dawn, Tron, Teen Wolf,Nightmare on Elm Street and Clash of the Titans. The next thing you know those totally cheesy fanny packs will be back in and the hot thing. God help us.

This morning we went into the city to the husband's tailor and dropped off a bunch of things to get altered. There was smokin' hot blond guy who walked in in front of us. The husband was wondering if he could go into the changing room with him, lol. I got two suits and three pairs of pants altered and learned something. A one button suit is not for me because, as the tailor explained it, my chest is too large for that type and it messes up the lapels. Live and learn but it is a great three piece suit and it was half price so I went with it anyways.

After the tailor I walked across town to my gym and hit the pool. I got a good swim in and was asking myself again why the fuck I am now signed up for three frackin' triathlons.

The husband is off to Aspen for Gay Ski week this Wednesday. He and TK are going out. I am skipping it this year as I like snow boarding but don't love it the way the husband does and would rather spend the money going somewhere warm and sunny.

I have the boys this weekend. They asked about going skating and I told them as long as it is not raining we will go at least one day. I have also committed to reading the Cirque du Freak series in exchange for my youngest reading the Ranger's Apprentice series.

I have not read any business news this weekend. Just wasn't in the mood. I did see that the Vikings beat the Cowboys though so I am glad about that since I predicted the Vikings would win the Super Bowl.

We have decided to dvr both The Human Target and Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

No comments: