Monday, January 25, 2010

My Gym Partner's a Monkey

So this morning the wind was scary strong. The windows were rattling and is was howling outside. It was kind of scary. I asked the husband as I was leaving if he heard the wind. He mumbled something incoherent most likely because he did not get home until about 1:15 AM.

So apparently it is Girl Scout Cookie season right now. I always laugh about it because every guy in the office with a girl in the Girl Scouts or Brownies hits up everyone in the office. What I noticed is the Girl Scouts from more affluent areas in the tri state are charge more per box than the ones from the less affluent areas. I also laugh because I recall a cartoon on Cartoon Network the boys used to watch and one episode where the Girl Scout like organization was basically a gang and beat the crap out of anyone who encroached on their turf. Hence the title of the post.

Denny Hamlin is kinda cute. I saw a news story about how he got injured playing a basketball game- he's a race car driver professionally. I haven't done any more checking out of him on the internets though.

The new Brendan Frasier and Harrison Ford movie Extraordinary Measures is a huge flop apparently. Funny thing though is the guy who it's based on, one John Crowley, used to take karate with me down in central Jersey. I remembered him because he was pretty cute, built and short. I saw him on one of the financial news networks once too.

My bond friend has been all over me about what's going on in the single delta markets lately. It makes me nervous when a bond guy is asking me but I tell him what I know and what I think is going on.

I still think and have been debating it with the boss all day that Bernake is a goner. I think the general populace is getting a bit fed up with the schizophrenic message the Administration is giving: The banks are bad and evil but Bernake has to stay to make the financial system keep going. Well if the banks are the cause and they are the financial system then why do we need Bernake to save them? Hasn't he been involved in and with them for more than a decade? You want the banks saved but they are bad?

So I read somewhere that all of the TARP money lent to banks was repaid at a profit. The TARP payments to AIG, GM and Chrylser have not been repaid and are still losing money. Yet somehow the banks need to pay again and more. Does that make any sense? And don't you want the financial system saved? Saved so you can then make them pay again and again and again?

The boss has a bit of an issue. Last week he went to his knee and ankle guy. The doctor told him he really shouldn't be a runner any more, he should just be a swimmer and biker. It seems all of the scoping he has had done on his knee over the years has left nothing in the joint anymore and the pain he feels from the pounding of running is bone hitting bone. I asked if that meant this was his last race this June. He said probably but he has to do this one as he shanghaied about foru more people in the office into to doing it.

It's good having the husband home. He has one of his book clubs tomorrow night and then a business networking party to go to Wednesday night. I am having drinks with a good friend Thursday night and we have the boys again this weekend. So since I have not seen him in a week I blew of karate tonight. We'll watch Heroes, eat Chinese delivery and go to bed early.

No comments: