Friday, January 22, 2010

For a four day work week it sure seemed frackin' longer

It has been a long week. I have gone into full ADD mode I think with all the stuff that has gone on in politics and the markets. it is late, I am tired, this post will ramble thanks to ADD- oh look a chicken!

I really don't know where to start. I might as well start with some eye candy.

We have four televisions in my area of the office. The other day one of them was tuned into the Childrens News Broadcasting Corporation. I happened to see who was talking and turned the volume down but kept watching as he was a pretty good looking guy- one Cameron Findlay. I have no clue what firm he works for or what he was even talking about but it was nice.

The Human Target- thought it was a great comic book. The show is going to be good solely because of Mark Valley and the fact that in the pilot he was shirtless and is totally freakin' hot! He is furry and has ink. The husband googled him when we were watching and saw he was only 5' 10" which is within his range. I told the husband he could add him tot he list.

So Massachusetts sent a Republican to Washington to take over the late Ted Kennedy's seat. The implications are staggering. I don't know what message the voters are trying to send except maybe they want Congress to actually do their job and legislate effectively and from the center. The election has set off a long and great discourse with JW. What we have agreed to in principle is that the public is pissed because they are starting to think that Washington has abdicated all responsibility to the corporate sector. It's as if the corporate and government sectors are becoming one. That is essentially fascism. JW and I don't fully agree on what the definition of fascism is but we agree on enough to think that is the road we are headed down. Sadly unless we do something about it we will have voted ourselves there.

The left is pissed off because they got completely suckered by the candidate they voted to become President. The Dems have ignored their base.

I think the Dems need to throw off the yoke of the pejorative term liberal. I have become indoctrinated to view the word liberal as a pejorative because of my career choice. I think the Dems need to remember words have power and they need to claim the mantle of progressive. They have 70 or so years of history to base the claim on.

The bear market rally- while it was huge and long is over.

I am going to have to guess that the populist pivot the President has made in deciding to fight the banks will not end well for him. Maybe it's just me but it seems money always beats political power. To paraphrase Dillinger- the bank is where the money is.

The internet is great but it has had a balkanizing effect on society and encourages a tribalist mentality.

I have found I don't sleep well when the husband is away. He gets back Sunday night- late.

We do need healthcare reform as I have said before but what the Dems are proposing is not reform at all.

Ice skating tomorrow maybe.

ADD is an asset by the way for what I do for work but makes writing a coherent blog difficult at times, lol. Fucking deal with it bitches.

No comments: