Thursday, January 7, 2010

Event Horizon

So last night I actually watched an episode of Glee- I believe I read in the last monthly newsletter all gays have to watch at least once and then rave about it. I have to say I found it not bad and fairly amusing. I am not a fan of musicals but I loved when Artie sang Billy Idol's Dancing By Myself- that pretty much made me like the show. Plus Finn is pretty damn cute and Puck is hot and funny. It won't beat out Heroes, Fringe or Supernatural but if I happen to catch it I will watch it; it is not yet on the dvr list.

Even though he is a bit too left for me I really like the fact the Stiglitz is telling everyone the emperor has no clothes. The most salient point he made was Wall Street is in the business of selling stocks. Plain and simple. Wall Street will generally always be bullish. Nothing else has been changed- derivatives are still the wild west, may banks are still holding all the shit that got them in trouble and there is no meaningful reform bill anywhere.

BBRG had a pretty big story about the whole AIG debacle and the role Turbo Tax Timmy had in it. I am starting to think that my AIG prediction is closer than I think. Maybe the government has decided the event horizon (not the eerie movie starring Sam Neil and Laurence Fishburne) of the LEH bankruptcy is far enough away that if the let AIG go now it would not be too bad.

Seriously- who is so stupid they need the Perfect Brownie Pan? How can you not know how to actually wait until brownies cool before you cut them? And if someone else eats all the edges, tough luck, you should have been more aggressive.

The husband is still up at mom and dad's house. He'll be back Saturday. I am picking the boys up tomorrow after work and am thinking pizza for dinner when we get home. Other than that the only thing I need to do tonight is brush out the kids and fold some laundry- actually the laundry may wait until tomorrow evening.

No comments: