Sunday, January 24, 2010

J-E-S-T! Jest, Jest, Jest!

So I saw the Glee won some Golden globes. I happened to be perusing the web site of my alma mater when I learned that the co-creator/producer of the show and he graduated 3 years behind me which means he would have been a freshman when I was a senior. I don't remember the guy at all, lol.

Friday at the office was jeans and green day. The COO is a huge Jets fan and said everyone could wear jeans and green and donate $5 towards Haiti. I am not a Jets fan or supporter so I wore a suit and tie. I don't care how hot Dirty Sanchez is, I just don't like the Jets.

So when I picked up the boys Friday night I told my oldest he needed to take medicine for his cold. I had noticed through out the week he was sniffling and coughing. We stopped at the grocery store right out of the garage and picked up some Sudafed Cough & Cold- the non-drowsy formula. By the next morning he was feeling much better and sounded better too. He had to do something he hates- admit dad was right.

It was a real lazy weekend for the boys, the kids and me. I actually got to take a nap both days. I told the boys I'd make dinner. So I used the husband's recipe for brined pork chops. I also made baked potatoes and honey glazed carrots. The odes was psyched as he told me he thinks the husband and my mom are great cooks, followed by me and his mom's mom and last but not least his mom. The big hit was not he brined pork chop but the baked potato! Go figure. I am not a potato fan- the irony is rich since I am of Irish descent- because mom made them for every frackin' meal growing up. I really only eat potatoes on Thanksgiving and then with lots of gravy. For dessert it was mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I actually read two good articles this weekend in the main stream media.

One basically made the point that the political parties are missing the point of what has changed. It used to be what can each party do for me. These days it seems it has become which party has the same values and goals that I do.

The second one was about a big flame out on the blogosphere between a blogger and his former readers/allies/etc. The thing I took away from it reinforces my belief we are becoming tribalized through the internet. One person commented well it's his sand box and he can allow in whoever he wants. The rampant anonymity the internet allows has led many to completely abandon all civility.

Holy shit- U2 songs in ads for the Daytona 500????

Just turned on the tv and see the Jets lost- I knew I was right to wear a suit and tie...

No comments: