Thursday, January 14, 2010

I might have to start following USC football this fall

So I saw an oldie but goodie on the bus this morning- Full Lower Lip was on my bus. I am fairly certain he still wants me even in my unshowered state whilst wearing a hoodie and sweats.

I had been obsessing over a comic book I remember from the late '90s. All I could remember was it was a vampire book, a teenager got turned, a Senator was the bad guy, there was a kick-ass version of Red Riding Hood and there was an ancient Atlantean vampire who was trying to atone for helping Lilith create vampires. I scoured wikipedia, google and the comic book resource websites. I knew it was not Marvel or DC. I thought maybe it was Top Cow or Americas Best Comics (yes I know technically that is a DC imprint label but whatever). I was wrong and finally yesterday I found it- Crimson! It was Cliffhanger/Image (again I know- a DC imprint line). Alex Elder was the protagonist.

Last night I had beers and cheese steaks with my bond friend. It was good to see him and we had fun as usual.

So, if TARP has made money for the government why do we need to tax, sorry I mean place a levy on the 50 largest financial institutions? Am I the only one who sees a huge disconnect there? I also have a problem with the fact that the levy will even be placed on those who did not take any TARP funds. Then there is the issue of the banks that took TARP funds and paid them back with interest. So now they have to pay again? What about GM and Chrysler? Oh wait, they employ UAW workers and the UAW makes huge donations to the Democrats so they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Don't get me started on GE Capital...

Since we are on the topic of supposed profits, how can we know for sure the Fed has actually made $45 billion in profits when they won't let us look at their books and accounting?

I saw the Asus Waveforce Ultra Smartphone bracelet and had to say it looks really frackin' cool. I know they say it is only a concept phone but I bet it would be a huge hit and mega-seller if they brought it to market.

My brother and sister-in-law are coming to town tomorrow evening to spend the weekend with me and the husband. It will be some good adult time for them as they have three kids. We are eating tomorrow night and probably playing cards. Saturday we'll take them ice skating and I will be sure to get pictures to post on the tome of mugs and embarrass my brother. Saturday night we are going out to dinner in the city with my youngest brother and his wife.

I have no opinion on Lance Kiffin's coaching abilities but I think he is pretty damn woofy. I may have to start following the Trojans in the fall.

No comments: