Friday, February 5, 2010

Wow- four years

So four years ago I was at a Super Bowl party hosted by friends. I had just gotten back from a two week vacation (10 days in South Beach followed by 3 days in DC) and was chatting with one of the hosts. He asked me how South Beach was and I told him South Beach was a blast- all Latin, all the time. I then proceeded to declare I would never, ever date a Latin as they were way too much work and too volatile. Fast forward two hours or so and in saunters this hot, Latin number who had clearly had a few cocktails before showing up at the party. He soon finds his way over to me and starts chatting me up. We are getting along fine, flirting shamelessly, etc. He spills his drink (to this day it is not clear if he spilled it or, as he claims, I knocked it out of his hand by mistake) and bends over to clean it up making sure his ass is rubbing against my crotch (subtle wasn't he?). Soon we find ourselves making out int he bathroom like teenagers and I stop and outright ask are we going to have sex or what. He was slightly shocked and said sure. We leave the party and I end up spending the night at his place.

Fast forward four years and we are still going strong, married (or civilly unionized) and buying a house. I would never have guessed it.

For the record I did watch the game and the Steelers won.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, I was talking with the boys last night and I asked my youngest who he thinks will win the Super Bowl and who he wants to win. He asked who was in it this year. I told him the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints. He said he thinks and wants the Saints to win. I asked why. "They just sound cooler." was his answer.

I am going to have to say I hope the Saints win as Drew Brees is hotter in my opinion than Payton Manning.

So if everyone is so worried about Greece and the rest of Europe then they should be losing sleep over California and New York.

No comments: