Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where did Tim Olyphant come from?

So the snow hurricane yesterday made for quite an interesting morning commute. I had to drudge through at least 8 inches of snow to get to Hoboken Terminal. As I walked through I noted a dearth of trains. I got out to the bus area and noticed there really weren't any buses. I looked at my emails and one of my co-workers sent an email saying the buses in Jersey were not running. So I just hopped onto the PATH. There was a cute guy on there to so it made for a nice ride. The walk to the office was nice and the city is awesome when there is that much snow, few cars and almost no one on the sidewalks. I decided anyone who made it in should be rewarded so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got donuts and munchkins.

I knew barely anyone would be in so of course I wore jeans, my hiking boots, a baseball cap and one of my favorite tee shirts. The tee has this demonic angel chick with a large rack and a guitar that looks like a battle axe on the back. The woman who sits next to me commented on how it was a great tee but a bit provocative. The boss piped up "Would you expect anything less?" Ha. When I got home the husband was shocked and stunned that I wore that tee to the office and made a comment about how much the boss must like me to put up with my antics.

Last night we went and saw The Crazies. Great movie! What is even better is it is a remake of a George Romero movie. It was really well shoot- the husband (when he wasn't jumping and screaming like a little girl) kept commenting on the cinematography. Timothy Olyphant is great and actually quite hot. I imagine he will become a big name soon. I will also have to start watching his series on F/X.

After the movie we met up with JD and JW. They picked a place near us here in Jersey City that neither the husband nor I had been to before. It was actually pretty good food and drink. It was fun to catching up with JD and JW. I think the best part though was looking for parking and since most of the street parking not plowed so I just threw the truck into 4 wheel low drive and drove right into the unplowed parking space and looked at the husband and told him we were good for parking.

Tonight we have our friend SP's surprise 40th birthday party. It should be a fun time and it is right across the street so that will make for an easy ride home. Plus neither the husband nor I will have to worry about drinking and driving.

Tomorrow the husband and I will be going to Edison, NJ to take a course to become certified to use recreational jobs. After that I will have to go to a wake. A co-worker's grandmother had died. The husband asked me why I was going and I told him regardless of what feelings I may have for said co-worker, the right thing to do- the compassionate thing- is go to the wake and pay my respects.

The whole health care summit was really a waste of time; reinforcing my belief that only bad managers have summits, idea meetings, etc. The one thing I did take away from it was when some politician said that every year 45,000 people in the United States die from lack of health care. Really? I thought people usually died from old, age, drowning, accidents or violence done to them by others, I doubt any medical examiner every wrote on a death certificate lack of insurance was the cause of death.

No comments: