Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink

So seriously- what the frack is going on with the water mains in Jersey City? Again this morning I wake up and here is no water running in the apartment. Granted I was supposed to be going to the pool but I was not in the mood and went back to bed. Of course I woke up in a mad rush, threw my stuff together and caught the bus to get into the gym and shower up. There was a guy in the locker room with his toenails painted orange. What the hell- I mean I am not judging and hey, whatever floats your boat is fine but orange?

So I got into work and there was a story on BBRG titled Bankers Enter Dungeon of Pain. Of course with a title like that I read it. It was about Wall street guys who are getting into professional MMA fighting. It was interesting but the best part was the pictures of one of the guys. I doubt very much he reads the blog so I'll give you his name- John Cholish. You can google search images of him- I did, lol. The thing in the article that caught my eye was how he and his room mate converted the the top floor of their Upper Eastside duplex into a gym to train. I dunno know about you but how many 20somethings do you know who convert the top floor of the duplex they own into a gym? The husband told me not the case are there are tons of dumpy duplexs on the Upper Eastside- just let me dream dammit. Oh and he was a wrestler in college for Big Red.

Funny how now there are quite few Democrats in the House resisting the idea of the jobs tax credit. One Democrat from California said he knows of no business that hires workers for a $5,000 tax credit. They hire workers because they have actual work to do and need people to do it.

I got home and there was a note from the building saying water would be back on some time between 7 and 8 PM. Not a big deal as I was off to the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- for classes. I got my ass kicked again(but did get to grapple with my man-crush there) and was glad to get home. The water was back on but the hot water would not be ready for a hour or so. so I grabbed a drink of water from the faucet. Fast forward 40 minutes and the husband says the water may not be safe to drink yet. Hello???? Couldn't you have told me that when I walked in from two hours at the dojo- sweep the leg!- and was thirsty as shit?

I have classes again tomorrow night, the husband has drinks early in the evening for the purpose of networking.

No comments: