Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do you like drawerings?

I am kind of getting annoyed with the swim club at the gym. It is supposed to start at 6 AM. It never starts on time. I've come to accept that and live with it. I got to the pool early this morning. got in at 5:55. Just started swimming laps knowing I could get at least 200 yards in before I was even handed at work out. The work outs were not handed out until roughly 6:15. I lost count of laps after I hit 400 yards. No big deal. What annoyed me was one of the older ladies kind of got snippy and said we're about to start the work out. So I stopped and let them all go ahead. They were all using fins today too the fuckers. I stopped after I had swam for 25 minutes. I had to be in the office kind of early anyways and I was just getting annoyed with the attitude.

We had a video conference call with one of our European compliance guys this morning. I know how sometimes Brits get all snippy about propriety and manners and appearance. So I wore a suit today. The guy's name was Simon and all I could think of was that skit on SNL Mike Meyers used to do about the Brit kid in the bath tub and his drawerings.

I loved the story on YHOO today about the woman who claimed her love handles saved her life when she got shoot. Apparently she was an innocent bystander in a shooting in a bar- in Jersey no less. She claimed her love handles saved her life and that is why so is not going to diet anymore. The picture was brilliant as it showed her sitting on her couch in a shirt that was a bit too small and allowed her protective love handles to be seen. I immediately thought she was in the cast of Precious.

Ryan Bedford looks pretty damn hot even with the goofing hair cut he got pranked into getting.

The septic system got inspected yesterday. It failed. I got the report today and it said the system is unsatisfactory. Another item the good widow will have to remedy before we close. The husband feels bad for her but I have no problem being the unemotional, hard ass about all of this.

I had an interesting email exchange tonight with a head of a desk from a major brokerage firm. We got into a discussion of whether or not what helped the U.S. public sector deleverage after WWII was Reg Q. He made the point that you can inflate your way out and delever if interest rates stay below the nominal GDP rate. I said it was only because the government put legal caps on the interest rate so they had no problem doing it. I did not even get into we also then had a currency backed by gold as opposed to our current fiat currency.

Karate was good tonight but I am definitely going to have some bruises. I sparred wit a black belt who is at least my size and weight and goes hard. He is in the process of becoming a junior instructor so he has to I guess. I got some good strikes in and a few good combos. He mentioned I had very good defenses and a few of my strikes actually stunned him. Grappling was not as good, lol. One guy was trying to get an arm bar on and I locked my hands. Of course he used his foot to break the lock and that will result in a bruise on the inside of my forearm- it's already started. Shaman was there too- woof.

No comments: