Sunday, February 14, 2010

Three day weekend?

Thursday morning I slept in later than usual as I figured the gym would not be open due to the mess the snow had left. I had drinks in the bar in the restaurant downstairs with some co-workers and the boss. I told the boss the husband and I were buying a house and gave him the details. His reaction was it is a great move as what we are really buying is land and land is a commodity and he is all about owning hard assets and commodities in the current environment. The husband had drinks and dinner with PJ and ST in the city and they attended some new show of an artist the three of them love.

Friday I biked to get back on my training schedule. I biked ten miles in 30 minutes which I was happy with. Friday at the office was actually kind of busy.

Saturday morning I skipped the dojo- sweep the leg!- and the husband and I discussed the house. Thursday the husband was down there for the house inspection. The inspector said there was termite infestation- his exact phrase. Apparently also there are some cracks in the foundation. I told the husband look, I have been through this before (buying houses) and I am going to be the pragmatic, hard nosed, critical one. I warned him and told him not to take it wrong. I said the good widow is responsible for repairing or remedying all of it. I told him my guess is she will offer a credit- as in reduce the price- instead and we will then take care of the issues. He stressed none of them are deal breakers and I said he is correct as long as the good widow takes care of them all.

I then went to the gym and swam for twenty minutes and then biked for thirty minutes. I got home and went grocery shopping for the ingredients for dessert for the evening. I made my first flour less chocolate cake. I then grabbed a nap while the husband made soup and prepped his other food stuffs for dinner. We had our friend MP over for dinner. She had not seen the new place yet. She loved it and the view was stunning. Dinner was awesome as the husband had made this great cauliflower soup and his chicken poached in olive oil. I served dessert with lemon sorbet.

Today I hit the gym again and biked for twenty minutes and then ran for ten. I hopped in a cab and met the husband and TK downtown for brunch. We then went and saw The Wolfman. Holy crap it was bad. The movie really sucked. I could not believe we watched the whole thing.

We got home and I took a nap. Chinese dinner for Valentine's Day and we are going to watch My Bloody Valentine in 3D.

Tomorrow is Presidents Day and I think I'll sleep in.

No comments: