Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow day

Ok so I was just a bit wrong about the snow- whatever. The boys had a snow day and I got to chat with them in the morning.

The buses were a bit off this morning so I did not make it to the pool in time (I did get to sit next to a hot guy with a nice bag, shoes and jacket though- he has to be a fellow church member, no straight guy would coordinate that well). I decided to run instead. I recalled from a conversation a few weeks ago with a broker and the boss over beers that they way we run now is not natural for us. Landing on the heel cause an inordinate amount of stress all through the body. We were intended to run on toes and balls of feet. It kind of makes sense- I mean I don't think Pheidippides made his famous run in the latest Nikes of Asics Gels. He was wearing sandals or barefoot I bet. I have also read about and actually seen those socks with individual toes made specifically for running.

So I decided to try running with as little heel contact as possible. I ran a bit over 3 miles in 30 minutes- not a bad pace- and it felt pretty good. However I realized when walking up the stairs in the office the impact of running like that is painful on your calves.

The cute sleeveless lawyer was there again doing his usual cardio.

The dojo- sweep the leg!- canceled classes because of the snow. I figured I'd be able to make up my swim after work but the gym also closed early. I am thinking the gym will not be open tomorrow morning in time for me to actually swim but may hit the pool after work.

I really just want this whole damn sovereign issue done. It is getting real tiresome. It also makes for schizophrenic markets which are stressful.

No comments: