Sunday, February 21, 2010

Those aren't obliques- they're love handles!

Friday morning I got on the bike and was pretty happy with getting almost 10 1/2 mile sin 30 minutes. If I can keep training at this pace I think I may break a hour on the bike leg of the race in June.

Friday night the husband and I had dinner with Mr. Barrett in the city. He was in town for Blow Up- some big, gay party that usually occurs in D.C. but they occasionally host it up here in NYC. He goes with his friends the Prada bears here in the city.

We ate a restaurant near the husband's old apartment that we had had our second date at way back when. It was kind of amusing as the husband at that point had not really 'fessed up to all his friends that he was dating someone. Of course it just so happened that night that about five of his friends walked in and I met them all.

After dinner, Mr. Barrett had some time to kill as all the cool bear events (hell all gay events) don't start until 11:30 at the soonest. We went out to grab some after dinner drinks. We hit Barracuda. Mr. Barrett agreed that the bar has some smokin' hot bartenders. He then proceeded to point out a guy he thought was cute/hot. The husband was all over him. Mr. Barrett made the comment that the guy he thought was hot had nice obliques. The husband said, no those are not obliques, they are love handles. I had to agree with the husband. We then ran into a friend of ours AT. We asked his opinion n the matter and he agreed with us.

We got home at a reasonable hour and hit the hay as I had to go to the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- in the morning.

I only took one class as I had to be down in central Jersey to attend my oldest son's science fair.

Speaking of my oldest son, not only did he make honor roll for the latest marking period but the kid also was named student of the month! I was shocked beyond all belief when I heard this. By being named student of the month he gets to have a lunch of pizza with the principal and his picture in the local paper. I told his mom to please buy me two copies of the paper when his picture is in it. I am going to frame one and the other I will send to mom and dad for their edification.

His science project was on how nails rust in different liquids. I thought he did a great job but he did not place. I saw some of the ones that did and I may be biased but they all sucked the big one compared to his project.

The boys came home with me. The husband and I took them out for dinner to celebrate our new student of the month in the family. He got to choose and of course he decided on sushi. We hit a great sushi place near our old apartment in uptown Hoboken. He got the love sushi/sashimi for one. It was a massive amount of food and he finished it.

Today we went and saw the Percy Jackson movie. Mr. Barrett had seen it and said it was ok. I sort of disagree. I and the boys have red the series and this movie skipped so much from the book of the same title. As my oldest said if you have not read the book it would be a good movie but if you have red the book it is only ok- barely.

I took the boys back to their mom's house and then came home and made dinner for the husband. I kept it simple and made shrimp scampi over brown rice with some roasted zucchini and tomatoes. As I was making the shrimp scampi I found out we had no parsley- well we did but it was brown and yellow. I improvised buy using dried herbs de Provence. The husband was none for the wiser. The part that makes me chuckle is I used the recipe from the ex-mother-in-law. Dinner was a big hit.

Seriously- who gives a shit about Tiger Woods? The guy really only has one person to apologize to and that is his wife. The world would not stop spinning if he disappeared and yet his ego seems to know no bounds.

I see mortgages hit a new record of foreclosures for the most recent period- again. The Fed is trying it's hardest to pretend it has not changed policy direction but the more I look at it and the more all the talking heads mouth the party line I think we are screwed and everyone should party like it's 1938.

This week appears to be slow for the husband and I on the calendar.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'm not sure that the change in policy at the Fed is a bad thing, I think they are far more worried about inflation and their over exposure to risk than anything else. With Fanny and Freddie still balls deep in red ink and underwater mortgagees that they'll be bleeding billions for years. I think they've decided that a few austerity measures taken now will pay off tomorrow