Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weather is like the markets...

So JP came over and watched the Super Bowl with us Sunday. We ordered in pizza and actually watched the game. My favorite add was the Betty White/Snickers ad. We watched The Simpsons at half-time and actually missed the turning point of the game- the onside kick to start the second half.

Last night we had dinner with PS. She is planning a surprise birthday party for her husband (who I am 99.9% sure does not read this blog so I don't need to worry about spoiling it) and wanted to check out a restaurant she was considering as the caterer. Funny thing is the restaurant was closed. So we had a quick dinner at another restaurant next door and it was pretty damn good.

I got up this morning and biked 9.3 miles in thirty minutes which I am pretty damn please with. There was really cute lawyer too. I assume he was a lawyer as he was wearing a tee shirt (with the sleeves cut off showing off the guns) with the name of a law school. I have seen him a few times before. Short, dark haired and cute.

The markets were just a bit crazy today. The whole Euro sovereign issue is getting close to coming to a head. The thing I am wondering is if Germany is going to pull a B of A- everyone thought B of A was going to rescue Lehman and did a big head fake and saved Merrill instead. I think Germany is more concerned about Spain as I read somewhere they have roughly $240 billion in exposure to Spain and is a much bigger risk to their stability than Greece. So who's to say that Germany doesn't let Greece go and bail out Spain instead?

My oldest sent me a text to let me know he made the honor roll. That is great and I am very proud of him. he of course wanted to know if that means I'd give him the password to my iTunes account. I told him good try but no.

So apparently we here in NYC are going to get walloped with a major snowstorm starting tonight. The schools in the city have been preemptively closed- a day ahead of time! I guess I am of the mindset that the weather is like the markets in that both like to inflict maximum pain on the maximum number of people in the quickest amount of time. And like the markets it only does it when no one is expecting it. So with everyone ready and prepared for it I am thinking it is going to be a big bust. I could be wrong too.

No comments: