Monday, March 10, 2008

Who are clients one through eight?

Charlie Gasbagarino had it right that the most vocal, zealous and harshest critics are usually the ones who have something to hide. Spitzer has no fans on Wall Street because he did a lot to take the fun out of a stressful, kill or be killed, zero-sum game. He also did get rid of a lot of abuses but he will be remembered as the former AG who was all about ethics until he got busted for paying a high class call girl (aren't they all high class?) for sex and then saying he had to go to the ATM for more money. Doesn't the Governor of the state of New York get paid enough?

Was on the road all day yesterday travelling home. The husband picked me up at Newark and we ordered pizza and picked it up on the way back, had a late dinner. Listened to my voice mails and there was one from the boys saying good night. The phone usually only works one way so it made me as happy as seeing the husband waiting in the truck even though he was parked illegally in the bus lot next to terminal B.

The boys' mom called- an unusual event since I am sure she still has a lot of anger issues and has turned to the dark side of the Force and has become a Sith Lord- to ask if we could re-arrange the schedule. I set the schedule since she has ceded that to me. She was civil which is a red letter day for me.


The current economic situation gets me pretty nervous. Have a friend in the debt markets and I asked him are we going to see all of the safety nets put in place after the Great Depression get tested for strength? He said it is a distinct possibility. When he gets nervous I start to get scared.

No comments: