Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My son the tough guy...

So on the way home from the gym tonight I called the boys to talk with them and say good night. My oldest, soon to be 11, was all proud of himself for pulling out a loose tooth last night. I asked if it hurt and he brushed it off and laughed at me. He knows his mom is the tooth fairy but when I asked him if got anything from the tooth fairy he said no, he forgot to put it under his pillow. He then proudly told me that he and his friend both got paid $10 for cleaning up his grandmother's yard of all the sticks and other detritus from the winter.

My youngest always makes me guess what he did at school in terms of gym art, music, library, computers or Spanish. I still have no idea what his schedule is so I guessed small fire arms training and he did not miss a beat and said yep. When I asked him what kind of small fire arms training he said small Dad, duh. LOL.

Tomorrow is unofficially Friday since this Friday is Good Friday and the capital markets in the U.S. are closed. The husband and I have no plans for the three day, holiday weekend. Friday we are going to dinner and a movie with a good friend of ours in the city. I was exchanging emails with said friend today and asked him what movie he was thinking we should see. His answer is why he is a good friend because he knows us sooo well. He said something with action, car chases and explosions or fighting. I said cool how about Never Back Down since the two main stars are hotties and appear to be shirtless fr a large portion of the movie. His counter offer was The Bank Job which is also a great choice since Jason Stratham is in it and he IS the Transporter.

Saturday we are having another couple who we are friends with over for dinner. I am doing the cooking. So I was on Epicurious today planning the menu and am going with a classic- coq au vin. I'll probably make a soup instead of salad, the entree and have yet to determine what is for dessert.

Wednesday nights at the gym there are not a lot of hotties which meant I actually got a great workout in. Home for dinner with the husband who had drinks fr business after work so he skipped the gym. Wednesday night is also Ghost Hunters on SciFi- I love the show, he tolerates it. We are both psyched for season 4 of BSG which starts next weekend.

No comments: