Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trying to be the person my dogs think I am

Thursday evening we took our departing CEO out for drinks at a place called Johnny Utah's right next to Rockefeller Plaza. It is a western themed bar and it has a mechanical bull. I was the only one who had the cojones to actually ride the bull and I lasted 20 seconds on the damn thing. My knee was a bit sore all day Friday even though we did shots of tequilla after I got thrown. Friday was a shortened day for me. The boys got back from spring break and they landed at JFK. It took me two weeks to convince the ex-wife that it would be easy for her to drop them off in Hoboken but did not explain that it helps me by not having to drive an extra 110 miles this weekend. They landed at 2:30 and I left the office at 2:45. Their mom dropped them off arounf 4 PM. They had sunburn and were peeling. The husband asked if I was going to say anything to her about it because if the shoe was on the other foot she would have raised hell about it. I said no, not worth it, this is a marathon not a dash and I am trying to be a better person.

They boys were exhausted and went to bed at 9:30. The husband went out with friends and I went to bed around 10:30. At 1:30 my oldest was in the room asking if he could watch some t.v. since he was thirsty and couldn't sleep. I told him no, get a drink and go back to bed. He asked me to tuck him in so I did. It's nice to know my 11 year old still wants dad to tuck him in to bed.

Today we took the boys to see Superhero Movie. There were some very funny scenes and the oldest was laughing outloud for at least half the movie. We then stopped at Barnes & Noble were the boys got some Dragon Ball Zee books- no clue what they are but they love them. The husabnd and I cleaned all of the windows in the living room while the boys vegged out.

We decided to go out for dinner but the one place we wanted to go was closed early for some reason and our second choice has gone out of business which shocked both the husabnd and I.

No comments: