Sunday, March 30, 2008

I wanna go to the Black Party...

The husband had never seen Zoolander so he downloaded it onto his iPod and we watched last night with the boys. I forgot how funny it was. My favorite line is "They're break dance fighting." My soon to be 11 year old was roaring at the day spa scene.

Last night I got a text from JP saying he was going to the Black Party. He instructed to me that if I did not hear from him in a few days I was to call his mother. I told him I'd call him tonight to check up on him. This morning he texted me around 11:30 to say he was home and safe. I told the husband I want to go to the Black Party next year with him. He said we can go when we are sixty. I said no we are going next year. He's been a few times but me being the late bloomer have never been to it.

The husband had never been to TGT until he moved out here a little over a year ago. We go to the one in Newport and he has fallen in love with it. We have never made it our of the store and spent less than $100- that is until today. It was kind of amazing actually because we had the boys with us and they always try to get me to buy them something. So today was sort of a red letter day for us.

The husband finally started his swimming for his training regimen. I dropped the boys off at their mom's house and drove back to Hoboken. As I was driving into Hoboken this huge cloud of grey smoke blew out of my exhaust and the check engine light went on; those fucks at Jiffy Lube in the Sear Service Center at the Sear in the Newport Center Mall in Jersey City did something to my truck! Tomorrow I will take it to the local service station 3 blocks from the apartment and ask them to fix it.

I got home without spewing anymore smoke, parked the truck and then hit the gym for my run. Fifty eight minutes on the treadmill, a little over 6 miles. Got showered up and walked out of the gym to find the husband waiting for me to take me to dinner. At dinner we were discussing the boys and somehow got onto the topic that I have junk in the trunk according to the husband. I was a bit taken aback since I thought that had a negative connotation but he explained to me it is a good thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only 6 miles in 60 minutes? You ARE old.