Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Going out on a school night is tough at 40...

Went to the GLAAD Awards Ceremony and dinner last night. Graham Norton was the emcee and he was pretty damn funny. Matthew Sheppard's mom was amazing and very heartfelt in her speech. Funny thing was I wore a suit and tie to work- I rarely do that so it was noticed. With all of the recent upheavals at work I know many people thought I was interviewing but they are mostly passive/aggressive so no one actually called me out on it. Except for one analyst who yelled out right in front of the entire desk: "Hey are you interviewing?" I said yes. The boss knows I am not s he burst out laughing. Everyone else nervously joined in. I would not do that to my boss- he is also a friend- and he knows that.

Got to the Marriott Marquis and was waiting for my lady date. She walked right by me and and didn't even recogonize me all suited up and non-scruffy. We hit the cocktail party and then the dinner. I knew some of my friends would be there so we snuck out of the dinner and went to the bar and started drinking. Since my lady date is on the diversity committee at her company we had the VIP passes to the after party. I got home around 12:45. Slept in the boys room on one of the twin beds so as not to disturb the husband with my beer and Skoal breath and supposed snoring...I got in to the office at 7:45 and it was a long morning. I didn't catch my second wind until I had Burger King for lunch.

So Sunday the husband's underwear got stolen at the gym, lol. He has a fantasy it was one of the many hotties there; I quickly disabused him of that idea and tld him it was most likely the 250 lb., 5' 5" bald 60 year old who was sniffing his briefs.

Ok, so J.P. Morgan chase is stealing Bear Stearns- big deal. The Bear is paying the price for playing hardball back in '98 when the flipped the bird in a big way when it came to bailing oout LTCM. What goes around comes around. The Fed I think is slowly coming to the realization the only way to solve the mortgage crisis is that they will have to assume the credit risks by buying mortgages and taking them onto their balance sheet; they will effectively nationalize the mortgage market which is a bail out even if it is not called that. Can you say goodby to Fannie and Freddie???

I think we are going to see Never Back Down mainly because the two stars are hot and look really good shirtless. The ancillary reason is we both do MMA.

No comments: