Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Simple gym ettiquette...

I really have no complaints about NYSC; there are tons of locations, some nice, some skeevey. What I do have a complaint about is some of the patrons do not know basic etiquette. When you are done on the bench or incline or Smith machine or some other free weight piece of equipment it is common courtesy and common sense to strip the bar. That lets others know the piece of equipment is free to use. There is not much I detest other than someone who leaves the plates on the bar and walks away. I lost my telepathic abilities during the first marriage, I cannot read your mind anymore no matter how hot you are. Please strip the plates off when you finish and if you are really hot you should strip as well...

My boss broke his foot over the weekend when he was training to lose to me in the triathlon. He broke the outside bone in three places. He is wearing a boot now and in five weeks he goes back to find out if he needs any hardware in his foot. Someone in the office took a picture of him on his crutches yesterday and I sent it to the husband who I think has a secret crush on my boss. I think I will let my boss stew on it for a week then start harassing him about how he couldn't stand the heat of me beating him so he got out of the kitchen by intentionally breaking his foot.

I wrote earlier there could still be some tape bombs out there that cause some hiccups in the market. One of them I was not really focused on is the news that came out after the close about the CCU LBO most likely falling apart. This is going to cause serious damage to the arbs and also the quants/event driven guys out there. It could definitely put a damper on the tape for the rest of the week.

Another thing I found interesting was WFC's chairman basically calling out the Fed and saying he'd be willing to do a deal of the type JPM got/was asked to do with BSC. He has a good point- why does JPM get special treatment?

Also if you want a good read on the whole credit mess we are in you should read Ethan Penner's opinion piece in today's WSJ.

Tonight the husband and I are going to have some drinks with the other gays in the village. Tomorrow we are hosting the husband's book club. We hosted once back in the summer and I told the husband I would be the help for the night. I served dinner (Thai takeout I picked up) and made sure everyones wine glasses were full then cleaned. I told him this time he needs to get me a cowboy hat, red bandanna and cowboy boots and I would do it shirtless for him...

No comments: