Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Nazi is coming!!!!

The husband and I have a cleaning lady come once a week to do cleaning- shocking, huh? This stems from two facts I think: A) I got used to having someone else take care of the household while I was married and living the straight lifestyle (I know that sounds very misogynistic but I like to think of it as retro, as in 1950s husband worked and put food on the table and wife chose to stay home and run the household) and 2) The husband was living in Chelsea, working on Wall Street and living the fabulous, high gay lifestyle. When he moved in we agreed to stay with a cleaning lady because we both hate cleaning the toilets. Anyway, I call our cleaning lady the Nazi because she is supposedly Brazilian but after asking more questions I learned she speaks German as her native tongue, was blond when she was younger, is extremely efficient and somewhat dictatorial, and emigrated to Brazil when she was young. All I can think of is the movie The Boys From Brazil. She also prefers to be called Frau.

I have many more thoughts about what the Fed's truly brilliant move was today but will save it for tomorrow since it is ten to midnight and I have to swim for 58 minutes tomorrow for training.

On a completely different topic, it's Tuesday so I went to the local place to hang out with the other gays in the village. The husband has never been there so many of them don't believe he exists. But tonight he was able to go and I got to prove them all wrong. We had a good time and one friend told me "I am just going to drink a lot tonight so I can black this out and still accuse you of making up the fact you have a husband.

Okay, tomorrow we'll discuss the musical act The Vapors and what they have to do with the TSLF.

No comments: