Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I think it's my age...

I seem to be developing a habit of leaving (or losing, depending on one's perspective) things that I do not put in my pocket or bag. Recently this has happened twice. I was taking the train to Philly two weeks ago for business and had the husband's Crimson DS Lite and his Assassin's Creed game. The game was fun but got off the train with out it. Thankfully he was away for 5 days so I was able to surreptiously replace it with one I paid up for on the web. I forgot to replace the game though until the day after he got home- got busted for that but not the DS Lite replacement (I hope he does not read this post). The second incident involved a book. My boss had read a book he claimed he could not put down, so he ordered a copy for everyone on the desk. He handed them out last Thursday. I went to the gym and then met a friend for drinks before going home. When I was on the bus I realized I had forgotten my book. So today I ordered the replacement after the boss asked me what I thought of the book so far...

Tuesday nights I go out for drinks and hang out with the other gays in the village at the local restaurant/music club. It's a fun crowd and a relaxing thing to do after work. It's kind of funny that Hoboken doesn't seem to have an active gay community but I would guess it is because we are really the sixth boro of NYC so any gays who live here just go out in the city. Still it is nice to expand my social circle.

Speaking of work I have to kind of go on a rant here. I was stunned that Bernake advocated that the banks should just write off more of the mortgages they made. For me that raises all kinds of questions about the rule of law and what kind of precedent will be set if the Fed gives borrowers the idea that they can just abrogate a legally, binding contract they willfully chose to enter into.

Tomorrow morning I hit the pool again for 53 minutes and sort of dreading it. I am wondering if maybe I am being a bit TOO competitive this year.

Some words that I think are fun to say: bodega, fungible, hypothecate and unit (God I miss Beavis & Butthead).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are still the NYT Crossword addicted geek that you were on Midtown Direct.

I like this man. In our numbers-biz we all need creative outlets. I'll check in from time to time.

Can the Skoal.
:)