Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Are all male spin class instructors members of my church?

So I swam this morning. I did all pulling and did 2300 yards in about 39 minutes. I was supposed to swim longer but was exhausted and said to hell with it. The race is two weeks from this Saturday so I am in the home stretch.

Work was a bit slow today. The husband and I did a lot of scheduling for the beach house. We got the Republicans to commit to the Labor Day weekend. My parents are coming down for a weekend in July when their grandsons will be there. My brother the doctor and his wife and children are coming down in September for a weekend. The husband's assistant and wife and his one other close friend from work will be joining us for the 4th of July. The husband's best friend Ragnar and his boyfriend will be joining us on a weekend we have the boys. My mother-in-law, step-father-in-law, sister-in-law and the husband's niece and nephew will be there for the mother-in-law's birthday. The summer is pretty much filling up.

The Republicans are friends who I met through the Internet and are seriously two good ol' boys from the deep south. They were both formerly married to women like I was. Moved to NYC years ago and are just really great guys. They were at our reception back in October. They aren't really Republicans but the fact they are from the South and have the accents and all makes it easy to call them the Republicans. TL told me they are going to go out to California to get married. They have been registered as domestic partners in NY for as long as that has been legally available. I told him he could cross the Hudson and get the same thing but it is just called a civil union; you get the certificate and all the same rights and benefits as marriage.

Speaking of gay marriage I just have to say having been through a hetero marriage and now on into the second year of my gay marriage, I think a lot of the gays are not cognizant of the fact that with the rights and benefits of marriage there come obligations and responsibilities. If they just took a second to think it all through they may come to the realization that sometimes you should be careful of what you wish for.

Last night while eating dinner the Mets game was on and the husband could not take his eyes off #5 any time he was on the the screen. In case you were not sure #5 is David Wright- one of THE hottest men in baseball, hell in all of professional sports for that matter. If you don't believe me check out kennethinthe212's blog.

Took a spinning class tonight after work as my biking. The guy who ran it played music that made me turn to the husband ans ask "Are we in the Pavilion?" Hence the title of tonight's post. If you don't know what the Pavilion is and are one of my straight friends reading ask. If you are a member of my church you should know.

Having drinks tomorrow night with a broker and a kid who used to work on the desk but left to pursue his dream of being a rock star. The husband has a dinner. Will probably run tomorrow morning before work.

No comments: