Monday, May 26, 2008

Catching up

Last week was a whirlwind and I did not get a chance to blog at all, not that anyone missed it, lol. I got home from SF around 1 AM Thursday morning. Then I slept Thursday evening. Friday I drove down to central Jersey and picked up the boys and we drove straight to Sayville and caught the ferry to Fire Island. I just dropped them off at their mom's so they could have dinner with their grandmother to celebrate her birthday.

The trip to Sf ended with fireworks. We basically stormed out of there as the boss got into a head butting match with the passive/aggressive pricks who work out there. When I got onto the plane I looked across the aisle and who did I espy but the ex's best friend. She pretended not to see me and didn't look across the aisle for the rest of the flight so of course I was not going to let that pass. As soon as we disembarked I immediately called out her name and chatted with her- "How are the kids?" "What are you doing in San Francisco?" "How's the husband?" Do you go to San Francisco often?" I made it excruciatingly long and drawn out and painful for her. I of course followed up with en email first thing Thursday morning. Seriously, be an adult about it, don't pull that high school bullshit with me.

Thursday in the office was quite interesting as I had to converse a bit with the compliance department. I was ready for a nap by the closing bell.

I forgot there is one really fucking cute analyst out in our SF office and he actually engaged me in a very good conversation about the midcap space of the industry he covers. HE is really cute- did I mention that?

Some things I did note while out in SF were two absurdities that our government wasted money one. First our estimable House of Representatives passed a law allowing us to sue OPEC. Hello- how stupid are these guys??? OPEC is a cartel, not a private company! Good luck to anyone who actually tries to sue OPEC. Second, the judiciary determined that paper money discriminates against blind people. Are you fucking kidding me?? So do newspapers, comic books, paperbacks, etc.

The beach was great this weekend. The boys were totally excited when they found out their beds are memory foam mattresses. They were psyched. Friday night we got there and just chilled out. Saturday they went in the pool. I told a little lie. They asked if I could turn on the heater. I said sure but it will take some time to warm up. They jumped in anyways and spent the entire afternoon in the pool. Thing is- there is no heater.

MJ made the 5:20 ferry and I and my oldest picked her up. She looked great. We had a very nice dinner Saturday night and did not go out.

Sunday we all went to the beach and had a really fun time until some really loud and campy day trippers planted themselves in front of us. I had difficulty keeping an eye on the boys and MJ and the husband got really annoyed buy the group in front of us so we went back to the house and I "turned on the heater" so the boys could go in the pool. Then MJ, the husband and I went to low tea for a hour while the boys vegged out on Boomerang. We got back and made dinner. The boys were exhausted and I told them they were going to bed at 9:30. They argued they weren't tired at all but within 5 minutes of me putting them to bed they were out. MJ, I and the husband then watched Juno and I have to say that was a really good movie and there were some great lines. My favorite was pork swords. Ellen Page is not only Kitty Pryde but also a really great young actress. She was also in Smart People and was great in that as well.

We had a late breakfast this morning on the front deck of the house. My oldest must be going through a growth spurt because he was an eating machine this weekend. He had cereal and french toast and bacon for breakfast his morning. As we were walking to the ferry to go back the boys were walking the bogs. One of them took a dump on the boardwalk- which I cleaned up- that both boys determined looked like slugs and dead worms.

The husband took the train back later and we are going to grab dinner at our favorite local watering hole. This week I'll definitely be better about posting.

1 comment:

jh45202 said...

Of course you were missed, I read this most mornings. When you bother to post that is.