Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dad, what's a hemaphrodite?

One thing I forgot to write about last night was the funniest question I have been asked yet by one of my sons. On the drive to FI from central Jersey, somewhere on Staten Island specifically, my oldest out of the blue asked me the title of this post. I replied to him that it is any organism that has both sex organs. I explained to him that I think a lot of snails are hermaphrodites. Someone else told me so are many snakes.

It appears everyone is going green. I read today how armaments makers in Germany (why does that not surprise me?) have devised explosives that are more environmentally friendly. Am I the only one who sees the irony in that? Seriously, couldn't one argue successfully that war is the ultimate harm one could do to the environment? Does that make the neutron bomb green? While we are on the topic of war and the military I read today on BBERG that homes near military bases (primarily of soldiers) are getting foreclosed on at roughly four times the national average. (I am not sure of that number, didn't write it down in my notes.) Where the fuck is Congress in dealing with this issue? I strongly feel that the people putting their lives on the line- whether or not you agree with the two wars we are engaged in- should have some security that when and if they get home the bank who gave them their mortgage and then sliced and diced it 100 ways to Wednesday, does not give them the shaft. Screw the people who bought the second home or were doing it to flip it or the ones who committed fraud.

If for some reason you decide to subject yourself to watching CNBC, the only person you need to listen to is Rick Santelli. I love the no bullshit attitude he has. Hell I love Rick Santelli- but only in a fraternal, non-sexual manner. While we are on the markets I have a feeling this tape is a lot like a side friction roller coaster but I do not know who the brakeman is or if there even is one. I saw a picture of August Busch, IV in the WSJ today. For someone who has Ted Kennedy proclivities he is actually pretty hot.

So, I was in the shallow end of the pool today- not a shocker to some of my friends, lol. On this business networking site I ran across a fraternity brother a few years behind me who had a mug shot on and he was freakin' cute. So I added him to my network, lol.

The boys are not going to be with us this weekend at the beach so it could end up being like the ancient Egyptian festival of drunkenness out on FI. It will definitely be like that when Mr. Barrett, Mr. Clifford and the boyfriend visit- really just for Mr. Barrett but I will live vicariously through his bonono-like activities.

No comments: