Sunday, May 11, 2008

One can stand up in a basement

So yesterday we were up early and off to the U-Haul in Jersey City. They didn't have a ten foot truck they could give us enough time on so they gave us a fourteen foot truck instead that we could drop off out on Long Island. I then took the entire large storage space and put it into the truck. The husband and I then had a light lunch. Off I went to his parents house while he went to Queens to meet his mom and step father to look at outdoor furniture for their expansive deck.

I wasn't stopped going into the Lincoln Tunnel but was before I entered the Midtown Tunnel. The officer asked me for my license and to step out of the truck. He then asked where I was going, what was in the back of my truck and to open it for him. He then handed me back my license and thanked me.

After I bypassed the security system I went to what I was told was the basement. Ok, for me a basement is a place you can stand up in; the place I was in was not a place I could stand up in so it is a crawl space. After hitting my hand the third time and getting a gash on my shoulder from the circuit box I texted the husband explaining the difference between the two.

We then took the husband's parents out for an early Mothers Day dinner. Then we came home and crashed.

This morning we woke up at 9 AM in a panic because our race started at 10. We quickly got ready, grabbed coffees and got downtown to the race starting line. We met JP there and checked out the hotties and there were several- blue shirt (who the husband thinks is juicing), the two boxers, the white and red tank (who was really hot), Superman and the Irish setter.

I finished with 39 minutes on the clock, the husband was behind me at 41 and change and then JP at 42 and change. The funny thing is they were handing out red carnations to the women for Mothers Day and JP was given one- hahaha.

We then walked back and stopped at Dunkin Donuts for more coffees.JP had a great line I had never heard before about this guy who was sitting in front of DD "I think he goes to our church." The follow up is "But does he kneel in the pews?"

We are going to go to the Sunday night beer blast at the Eagle. We had a nice nap and are rested and ready to have a few drinks.

No comments: