Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I forgot my damn notes

I write little notes to myself throughout the day when an idea for this strikes me. I had a whole notepad page full of jottings. But I forgot it because I had to get to the pool after work because I slept in this morning. I got home after swimming- which I got to do with the husband- and changed and started looking for my notes. I am pissed because I had some pretty good stuff. I'll try to recall some of it and then put the rest on tomorrow.

The other hot married guy was on the bus this morning and he got a haircut and is going for that studied indifference look. It's supposed look like he doesn't really care about it but it is too mussed up with actual thought. Looks good on him actually.

There was also this hot scruffy looking guy. Pretty sure he is not a member of my church but he's a good looking guy and I've seen him waiting for the bus twice now this week.

The new kid in the compliance department. I think he goes to my church to quote JP. He is cute, always well dressed and has what I would call a hair style that screams "I like men!" I have no concrete evidence and his name is kind of gay. You know how some names- like Jared- just sound gay? He has one but it is not Jared.

I have a bit of a peeve when it comes to phone etiquette. The outside line rang today and I picked it up. The person on the other end after I answer stating the name of my company says "Who's this?" all snotty-like. So of course I respond "who's this,you called here." He replies with the name of one of the other traders. I tell him that is not possible since I am looking at said person. Then I put him on hold and tell said person there is a call for them. Turns out it was the person's father. HA- so much for parents teaching good manners.

One thing that made me laugh out loud was reading about a government minister in India who (I am paraphrasing) said if Americans lost enough weight so they weighed the same as middle class Indians there would not be a hunger problem in places like Africa.

On the economic front yesterday retail sales were released and they wer a bit better than expected. Then this morning an economist at LEH came out and said that if you excluded the sales and pre-release sales for Grand Theft Auto that they actually were only in line to slightly worse. Apparently video game sales accounted for 0.2% in the number. Hard to believe but the guy did the digging and published it so he has to be fairly confident.

There actually is a Church Of Jediism in Wales. I read today about a man who- shockingly- got drunk, dressed up as Darth Vader and attacked them. I believe he got community service but no jail time. I googled it and there is website. If they don't care about gay marriage I think I may join but I would secretly subvert them from within and turn it into the Church of Sithism (that word definitely won't pass the spell check).

This weekend is busy for us. We start our big gay summer out on Fire Island. So we have to pack up all of our crap and truck it on out Friday night. I have no clue what kind of the schedule the ferry is on. I also have to pack for my trip I leave for on Monday morning. The boss and I are making our quarterly trip out to our San Francisco office. I'll be gone until very late Wednesday night. It's going to screw up my training schedule but it's my career.

Our friend MJ is coming out from London to spend Memorial Day weekend with us and the boys at the beach. She and the husband have been friends for years. I met her for the first time last summer when she was in town. We got to talking about where we grew up and we realized MJ and I grew up in the same town and my dad was her high school principal. She and I now talk all day on IM. So, this summer when we take the boys up to see my parents and take them to the state fair she is going to make the trip from London and we are going to give the husband the grand tour. The three of us are also going to take in a concert, the triple crown as she calls it. We will be seeing Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick in one show.

I think I hit all of the major points, if not I will add them to the next post.

No comments: