Thursday, May 15, 2008

Notes I forgot

So I only forgot three things from yesterday. TechDirt is a blog I like to read because they have a lot of pertinent info related to a large portion of today's markets.

I was glad to see the Vatican vindicate all the X-Files fans by saying it is within Catholic doctrinaire to believe.

I am a big fan The Sarah Connors Chronicles, the first two Terminator movies, Asimov's books and of the Dune series of books even the ones not written by Frank. The idea that machines could one day become sentient and rule us fascinates me in an odd and somewhat macabre way. So any time I see an article on thinking machines or robots doing nearly human things I usually email it to a bunch of friends exhorting we need to be prepared for the day when machines turn against us and out us under the yoke. Believe it or not there has already been a human killed by a robot. Anyways when I read about ASIMO (created by Honda) conducting the Detroit Symphony Orchestra I thought it was very cool. Again though we all need to be prepared for the day we have to fight the oppression of our machine overlords and I just hope there are as many hot guys as Brian Austin Greene around to help.

Much like real women have curves I was informed by the husband that real Cuban meals have rice and beans. I am not a big fan of either especially the beans part. I am actually not a fan of legumes of any sort except for this one meal I had that was a warm lentil salad with goat cheese.

This morning I went to the gym in the building. Ran into a kid I worked with two jobs ago. He is in my building and member of the gym too- he just joined but I digress. As I was getting dressed this cute guy in a blue sleeveless tee walked in to the locker room. I noticed him but didn't turn my head. I walked past him out of the locker room and he took his shirt off revealing a HOT body with very cool ink. I stopped and did a double take. The kid who used to work with me caught me and laughed.

There was a great editorial today in the WSJ about immigration by Mr. Riley. As a third generation shanty Irish guy I totally agree with the anti-immigration pundits are directing their anger at teh wrong ones- the immigrants want to be Americans. It's the leftist, elitist pundits who don't want to make a value judgement that should be deported.

I noticed that Hoboken is actually having an international film festival. Hell can anyone host an international film festival these days? Don't get me wrong, I love living in Hoboken but seriously- an international film festival???

No comments: