Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My new $17,000 sunglasses

Sunday I did something I usually don't do- run outside on the road instead of on the treadmill. The husband and I went different ways and then plotted the rauns out on Gmaps Pedometer. Mine came out to 6.4 miles in a hour which I am happy with. If I can get a sub 20 minute swim and 45 minutes on the run I hope to break two hours on the race.

After the run we ordered sushi. I was writing when the delivery came to the door. I had taken my shirt off to cool and answered the door to get dinner. The delivery guy just chuckled the entire time and the husband said he was checking me out, lol.

I read yesterday about this guy who got trapped in a piece of machinery at the plant, shook his cell off his belt, slipped his shoe off and dialed 911. That is dexerity- for you old school AD&D players that would be an 18.

In case you missed it in the WSJ editorials yesterday, apparently a former Dartmouth professor is suing the university and her former students because the students had the termity to question all of her ideas. I think I really liked the piece because it used the words heteronormative and ecofeminism.

I was thinking about starting a cult until I read about how the one National Geographic did a special on got arrested today for possibly having illegal sex with his younger members.

I lost my Oakleys a few weeks ago, my guess is one of the guys who has worked on my car recently. So I need new ones and I have a credit card with all of these points built up on it. So I used some for a new pair of Oakleys. The thing is I had to use 17,000 points. I get a point for each dollar I spend effectively costing me $17,000 dollars.

The more I read about the BAC acquisition of CFC. Senator Schumer basically gave BAC an out by publically saying they should reconsider the price they are paying. I believe BAC will walk away from the deal.

So I saw a whole different segment of the gays last night when I went to Musical Monday at Splash with JP and his brother who is straight. I am not a musicals person in any way what so ever and don't have many friends who are, so really didn't get the whole jist of it but I know it meant a lot to JP and it was fun. I think the best part was when I totally shocked JP and his roommate (who is also in the theater biz) by being able to name one scene on the screen as the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie. I also met a fellow member of the social networking site I am on but did not recognize him because he had buzzed his hair down- my guess is a #3 razor. I also had JP take my picture with the really hot shirtless waiter by convincing him I was an out of towner. HE asked where I was from and I told him Omaha.

No comments: