Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man the second time in three days is still good

So the ex was coming into the city to go so some show and offered to drop the boys off at 4:30 in Hoboken. Now always happy not to have to add an additional 100 miles to my truck mileage I of course agreed. I left work right at the closing bell to get home in time. She has done this once before but got there a hour after the espected time. This time however she made it within 10 minutes. Normally we don't have the boys two weekends in a row but I switched this weekend for next weekend because next weekend is Mother's Day.

We took the boys to see Iron Man. They loved it and the hisband enjoyed it as well. IT was definintely just as good the second time around and it may be one I end up buying on dvd because I am sure there are a lot of good scenes that were cut out. What I noticed this time is the director Jon Faveraeu also actually stars in it- don't know how I missed that Wednesday when I saw it.

It is supposed to rain again this weekend but I don't believe the weather predictions any more. So I have to drag my fat ass out of bed tomorrow and be on the road to make a 9 AM game. The plus side is I get to work in the snack bar. Then in the afternoon my oldest wants me to play tennis with him on the public courts right at the end of the block. So I have to find a tennis racket and buy some tennis balls. I suck at tennis. I am ok and enjoy squash and racquet ball but not so with tennis.

So, coordinated central bank activity and the Fed upping the size of emergency loans? Sounds to me like a big old tape bomb is coming next week. Also in case you were not aware and actually read through the non-farm payroll numbers, all government statistics are not to be taken at face value. The other thing that caught my eye was BAC not saying what they planned to do about the CFC debt once the deal closes in Q3. Normally when a company acquires another, the acquirer honors all debt of the acquiree. Kind of makes you wonder why BAC even bought CFC if they are not going to honor the debt and intend to keep only the good part and then let the rest fail, i.e. file for bankruptcy protection. Why not let if file to begin with then buy the good part you wanted to begin with? My guess is BAC got a tap on the shoulder form the Fed.

The other hot married guy was on the bus this morning. He has got the shaggy look going as well. And the husband pointed out he looks leaner than before which leads me to believe he is having an affiar- LOL!

No comments: