Sunday, May 4, 2008

I can ride my bike with no handlebars

So they lost yesterday in little league. It was a 9 AM game. The funny thing is my oldest told me the entire ride down that he didn't want to work in the snack bar with me. So the snack bar opened at 9:15 and we got I went to work when my 11 year old said he'd like to give it a try. Two hours later as we were finishing up he asked if he could do it again. The man how runs the snack bar told me about half way through that every kid says he doesn't want to and then has so much fun they ask if they can do it again.

On the way home as we were listening to channel 21 on SIRI there was a song by the Flobots that they boys have heard before and like to sing along to. They asked me to get it on iTunes and put it on their iPods. Funny thing is only my oldest brought his iPod this weekend.

We went to TGT after the game to get me a tennis racket and some tennis balls. We also decided to get a movie to watch for the night. Again my 11 year old derides the choice as boring and why do we have to watch it. The movie was The Seeker, think it came out last Christmas time and was not a huge hit. Anyhow, after we had dinner we sat down to watch it. Guess who got totally into it and thought it was a great movie? Yeah, my 11 year old.

The husband spent the day in the city with one of his two best friends. I asked if what he did and he told me they hit a bunch of art galleries. I asked if he bought anything which is currently a no no for him. His answer was probably. I don't know what that means and frankly am reluctant to ask him.

After the boys and I watched The Seeker they went to their bedroom and watched Cartoon Network. They asked if they could stay up until 11:30 and I said sure knowing that since they had been up at 7 there was no way they'd make it. The husband and I watched 300 again- seriously, we cannot get tired of the beefcake in that flick. Around 10:45 my youngest came out and said they were ready for bed.

This morning I got up at 7, got the boys up. My oldest and I got dressed and and walked down to the public tennis courts. We were the only ones there and had our pick of the courts so we took the driest one. We played until around 8:30 then walked to Dunkin Donuts to get breakfast for the four of us. I pretty much won the tennis and pointed it out to my son. He said it was because he brought his crappy racket not his good one. I started joking with him about it. Then he said really he wasn't even trying. Wow, talk about getting nasty, lol.

We had the last baseball game on my weekends. They lost in the final inning by two runs. Of course the weather was great- sunny in the high 60s with a light breeze. I knew it would be since I made sure Master Chief was wearing an UnderArmour shirt and my oldest had a thermal on. We don't see the boys again until Memorial Day weekend and then we are going out to the beach so I told their mom there is no way they are doing the 6 PM game the Friday of the weekend.

No comments: