Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I knew I had the vision plan for a reason

This past weekend out at the beach it was just the two of us and the kids and it was very relaxing. We had dinner with the outlaws and then caught the ferry Friday night. My mother-in-law made spaghetti and meat sauce for us and I made the garlic bread.

Saturday's weather was kind of crappy so we did some yard work and re-arranged the deck furniture next to the pool. We decided since we were sans the boys to have friends over for dinner Saturday night after tea. The husband made some awesome ratatouille and I grilled in the rain with an umbrella.

Sunday was great weather but a bit windy. Sitting next to the pool I was sweating like a pig so we went to the beach and the breeze was very nice. Got some good color which as a pale Irish kid I can always use. We had dinner at our favorite local watering hole back in Hoboken after it took us close to a hour to get from the midtown tunnel over to the Lincoln. As I was attempting to read the menu the husband said ok it's time for you to get your eyes checked, you may need glasses.

So yesterday I logged onto the HR benefits page to see if I had any type of insurance for my eyes. Lo and behold I had signed up for the family vision plan. Thinking about when I did all of that I would have to opine that since both my parents, two of my brothers and both of my ex-inlaws have glasses I must have assumed the boys at some point might need glasses as well. Funny how it's me who needed them first.

I set up an appointment in the city and went and had them tested. Yep, need glasses. The husband was there to help me pick the correct frames since I would have gone with plain old black or wire. After paying the bill I was very happy I had the foresight to sign up for the vision plan.

After that we hit the pool at NYU since the husband is an alumnus and did our swim work out for our training. Holy shit there are some seriously hot college swimmers. I felt like a dirty old man but couldn't help but stare. Then we had dinner with Ragnar and his bf at a Vietnamese place around the corner.

The race is a week from this Saturday. Big development though over the weekend. The boss's wife has a stress fracture in her foot so she is also now out of the race. All I have to do is cross the finish line and I beat them both and have bragging rights for the year. More importantly I will be getting rid of this mop I have have on my head. The day before the race I will be going to SuperCuts and paying roughly $14 to have them take a number three razor to it and giving me a square back with no sideburns. Woo- hoo!

After this race I will be taking two weeks off from any sort of training and then I get back to the dojo (Kobra-kai, never die!) to finish up my training and hopefully have the black belt before my 41st birthday later this year.

In case you missed it we have just passed thru the eye of the credit crisis and will now be going thru the rest of the storm. WB's board forced the CEO out yesterday. That's what happens when you but GDW at the top of the housing bubble. LEH is supposedly going to have to raise another $4 billion. The Brit banks have still not had their come to Jesus moment and don't even get me started ont he Swiss banks.

No comments: