Thursday, June 19, 2008

I am getting kinda old I guess

So this morning when I got up my right ankle was a bit swollen and sore. It had been bothering me sinceMonday morning and I thought nothing of it. But yesterday morning when I was running for he bus it definitely gave me a jolt of pain that said stop running and catch the next bus. I took some advil when I got to work and because I sit most of the day it was fine. But when the husband and I were walking back from our anniversary dinner at Blue Hill I had to stop several times due to a jolting pain again in my ankle. This morning I asked the boss for his doctor's name and number in the city. Called and made an appointment.

When I got there it was very swollen. The doctor asked me after taking a look at the x-rays how many times I sprained my ankle. I told him look, I've been active in organized sports since I was in seventh grade, take karate and just did a triathlon Saturday- I have no idea how many times I've sprained my ankle. He told me I had a lot of garbage floating around in my ankle. He then told me it was most likely a stress fracture but I would need to get an MRI to know for sure. Then he gave me an ankle brace to wear for a week or two.

The boss and I had dinner with an old co-worker of mine who is now doing the same job as my boss but for a different shop. She taught me the biz and I am still good friends with her even though we haven't worked together in over eight years. The boss had met her at an industry conference and knew of her because I always talk about her. It was an interesting and enjoyable meal. She did comment on my new glasses and asked when and why I got them.

I noticed MBI lost it's last triple A rating. That will not be good for the tape. It could quite possibly engender a whole new round of write downs and that will cause more pain for the financials. The CFO of C admitted as much. So much for the summer being quiet.

No comments: