Monday, June 23, 2008

Even now my parents sometimes embarrass me

Friday night the husband went to The Cure concert in the city with one of his girlfriends who also happens to be in our line of work so he got to view them from a sky box in MSG. I've been to her employer's sky box and it is fun. He then went out with a former co-worker who he is fairly certain goes to our church but is a secret member. He then proceeded to hit all the bars in HK after the concert with him and his "friend." At the end of the night he invited them out to the beach for a weekend.

The boys, the kids and I got to the beach Friday night and watched some Cartoon Network. The husband sent me a text asking for a wake-up call at 8 AM. So I set the alarm for 7:30 knowing my husband the way I do. I started calling him at 7:30 with no answer and proceeded to call him every 10 minutes there after until he picked up at 8:30 to say he was in TK's car on the way out and was expecting to get on the 10:20 Ferry.

My oldest and I went down to the Pantry to get some breakfast sandwiches. We also set up his voice mail box on his new cell phone. I then called the husband only to have him answer with "We missed the boat, will be on the 11:20." When he finally disembarked from the ferry and gave me a hug and a kiss he was blowing major heat, lol. He could have peeled paint. I asked if someone forgot to brush their teeth. We got back to the house he immediately crashed and napped for several hours.

The six of us took a walk on the beach. My youngest found a spider crab shell and was totally excited. At that point he asked if he could invite his best friend out to the beach. I said of course you can but he needs to ask his parents if it is okay. The husband said no problem. His older brother said his friend can't come because he doesn't know what gay is.I said that is not an issue. I said what are you trying to say really. After some more of the Socratic method it came out that the best friend has older siblings that my oldest knows. So, what the issue really is is he thinks the friend will talk about gay Fire Island. I said my guess is the parents will say no and I feel bad for my youngest that he will not get an honest explanation that his friend can't come to the beach for the weekend because his dad is gay. I told my oldest that this is how it will probably play out and he is going to have to be extra nice to his younger brother to help soften the blow. The husband agreed with me that the friend will probably not get the nod to visit for the weekend but by enthusiastically asking my youngest has completely endeared himself to my husband.

I have been wearing a black ankle brace since Thursday to help with my possible stress fracture. I did ask if they had any other colors since black is so passe- j/k. Many friends on the beach commented that it is a reminder that I am not a kid anymore.

I had to get the boys home early yesterday for a rock climbing birthday party. So we caught a very early ferry back and I was back in Hoboken by 2:15. I took a nap for several hours. When I got up I had a text from Ragnar asking if we wanted to join him and his bf at Folsom East. The husband was in transit back and passed but I met them there. Let me just say it was definitely an eye-opener. There were some real hotties but I couldn't get past the naked 60 year old getting whipped. I immediately made a bee line for the beer cart.

The husband and I then took in a movie, The Strangers. It was a very good screamfest. The only bad part was Scott Speedman was not shirtless once. We then headed back to Hoboken and stopped by our favorite watering hole/restaurant. One of our favorite bartenders was actually off duty and he had some drinks with us. Come to find out the kid is a former Marine and he has some serious ink including one on the inside of his lower lip. It totally freaked the husband out and he told me not to get any ideas.

I had dinner with JP tonight. He loves when he sees his initials on her so here is a big homo shout out to you JP! He finished his first gig up north and has signed on for a second one. He looks great, has lost weight, is very tan and has a very serene air about him. Getting out of the whole scene in NYC has done him good I think and told him so. We had dinner at Cafeteria. I swear every employee there except for teh busboys is gay. He'll be back in August and hopefully make it out to the beach for a weekend.

One thing regarding the markets that stunned me was the bond insurers saying they are talking to the banks about commuting their CDS obligations. That is stunning and shows the depth of the problems with the financials. IT would be akin to an insurance company coming to you after your house burned down and saying how about we ignore the fact we are legally obligated to give you money to rebuild your house?

After the close UPS blew chunks. Another bad sign for the economy overall and it should only be a matter of time before the government admits we are in a recession. I believe the word anemic was used to describe the economy in their press release. The Fed is meeting for two days starting tomorrow. They are definitely not cutting rate and would guess there is a less than 15% chance they raise them. If they do watch out for 1250.

No comments: