Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To paraphrase Groucho- any club that would have me as a member, I wouldn't want to join

The husband and I hit the gym here in Hoboken this morning before work. It was actually nice working out with him in the morning. We showered up- separately- and hopped on the bus. Full Lower Lip was on it and he saw the husband get on and moved his bag- almost begging him to sit next to him; hmmm.

This market is one where everything is quickly approaching a correlation of one. That is not good by the way. LEH broke deal price- also not good. The big change has been that the ECB did a serious policy about face and started channelling the old Bundesbank. The Bundesbank was a serious inflation fighting machine- the did not care about trying to affect the biz cycle. They were of the mindset that as long as prices were stable the biz cycle would take care of itself. I think they had it right too. This change in policy is causing rates to go higher and that means all the ibanks marks will have to get adjusted- down. This summer will see more vol tot he down side in financials is my guess.

The shagalicious look was really bugging the shit out of me so today when I went out to pick up lunch I stopped by a barbershop two blocks from the office. Walked in, sat down and told the gentleman a number 3 all over, square back and use the hot foam and straight razor on the back of the neck. He looked at me and asked if I knew how short a number 3 was. I gave him a baleful look and replied yes, just do it. Three days early but I am much happier.

Got home, walked and fed the kids, did my biz and went back to the gym to do a short brick. Got done with it and went to shower up. Came back to the locker, got dressed and started to pick up my clothes and put them in my bag when I realized some asshole had stolen my sweaty jock strap! (Some of you may recall from an earlier post the same thing happened to the husband, that is where the title of the post comes into play.) I would have been more flattered and less creeped out if the guy had just asked for it but that is not what really pissed me off. The dickweed took one of my socks as well. Seriously you know what really grinds my gears? Having a sock without its mate. It's useless!

I noticed on my crackberry before dinner JPM's analyst came out and cut numbers for MER. That does not bode well for the financials tomorrow when terms like "hedges didn't work" are thrown around so casually.

The boys had another early dismissal today. They only have 7 days left of school. My oldest actually got homework from one teacher; I guessed which one it was- the prick I have not liked (nor has his mother) since we met the teachers at the open house at the beginning of the school year. He fits into the Pink Floyd mode of teachers is my guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why wasn't your jock in a locker? (JP)

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS hide your jockstrap in your locker! Unless you like it when people steal your jockstrap...and I think you do.
>; )