Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You can be my cabana boy

Yesterday the cute/hot data service vendor salesguy was in the office. I noticed he was fairly tan so asked if he had started life guarding on the side. He said nope, he was moonlighting as a cabana boy. He then told me and the kid next to me that he actually had been down in Fort Lauderdale visiting a friend from college. My ears perked up right away and I IMed the kid next to me that FTL is a huge gay mecca these days and not the place it was when I was attempting to live a straight lifestyle and going there for spring break. Damn he is cute. When he left I told my co-worker that the husband and I could use a cabana boy at the beach house. Data services vendor salesguy woul look real good in a square-cut.

I love reading wikipedia. Everyday I learn something new from it. Yesterday I was reading about sub-atomic particles when it dawned on me that quarks are gay. Seriously, they are subject to the color force (hello- a sub-atomic particle that worries about color?). There are six types too: up, down, strange, charm, TOP and BOTTOM. Hello?? Quarks are gay. I think this should prove to those who think it is a choice that being gay is as natural as sub-atomic particles. But I digress...

This morning the boss asked if I had any plans tomorrow night. I told him I had tenative social plans in the evening. He said good, I want you to go to the disaster recovery site in my place. Our firm is always sending people up there to make sure it is functioning at all times. So I am driving up there to Connecticutt. Some of the other people going asked if I was taking Metro North. I asked if they thought if there really was a disaster in Manhattan do they truly believe I'd be able to get to Grand Central and grab a train? They concurred that I had a very good and valid point.

One of our tech guys has part of his department up there so he is up there twice a week. He lives in Jersey as well so he gave me the 411 on the best route to drive. He also told me

I have not heard back from the ankle doctor as to whether or not my HMO approved the MRI. I have how ever been back in the gym. I have been doing the elliptical machine because it is extremely low impact on the ankles. I am not jumping back into karate yet until I am fully confidant I will not break my tibia with a well placed low kick on my oppenents inner thigh.

No comments: