Monday, June 30, 2008

I fanasize being breast-fed by Dick Cheney

The weekend at the beach was very relaxing. We had the boys again and Ragnar and his bf RF stayed out there with us as well. RF is an artist and he brought along a bunch of drawing supplies. He asked if the boys liked to draw and I told him my youngest loves to and as a completely biased father he is good too. I did warn him and so did the husband that my 8 year old is a chatter box. I told the boys before they went to bed that if they wanted to they could draw in the morning with RF. My youngest was all excited. HE got up very early Saturday morning all set to draw. I told him he had to wait 'til RF got up. What I did not tell him was the husband, Ragnar and RF were out very late at Sip 'n' Hurl.

Once RF got up, had his breakfast and coffee, my youngest was all over him. The sat at the table on the back porch and drew for quite some time. I thanked RF for being so patient and he said it was easy since my 8 year old does actually have talent. He also brainwashed my youngest into telling me I need to get him modelling clay.

The weather was great, we sat by the pool most of the weekend and played with the boys. We bought two Super Soakers and had a lot fun blasting each other with them. The boys developed a game where they float around on the rafts and blast each other. The only rule is no boarding allowed.

When I was not in the pool I was reading a book many on the Street have read and taken as gospel. The book is titled Fooled By Randomness. It's written by an optins trader. I am enjoying it and find it amusing and thought provoking. There was one paragraph that made me think how assinine some people are in my business. It made me wonder if some supposedly sophisticated investors get the idea of insurance. I could picture one of them calling their life insurance agent and complaining the product they were sold was usless since they did not die.

I seriously don't know why the business press is freaking out about the cost of gas. Yesterday's traffic when I took the boys home sucked and not in the way I like. Normally it takes me a hour to get from the ferry to the Verrazano Bridge (I cut thru Staten Island to get to central Jersey) but yesterday it took me over two hours. I was at the point of hating the Belt Parkway. Then once I zipped through SI I ran into flooding on Route 1 in Jersey. I was on the road for nearly 5 hours. I got home, the husband and I wolfed down some sushi then went into the city and watched the fireworks for Pride from the rooftop deck of Ragnar's building.

I have yet to hear if my MRI has been approved by the HMO. The ankle isn't bothering me too much. I did not wear the brace to work today and by the time I got home it was starting to swell a bit.

I read the NY Times magazine in the paper yesterday an interview with Uma Thurman's father. He is apparently a professot of Buddhist studies at Columbia. All I know is that once I read how when he is angry at Dick Cheney he meditates and imagines Darth Cheney was his mother in a former life and breast fed him- seriously, that guy is a freak.

No comments: