Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm psyched for the new Scare Tactics

Ok, I remember the old Scare Tactics on Sci Fi when it was hosted by Shanon Doherty. It was a great show. I think Tracy Morgan will be great as the host too. The other thing I and the husband are psyched for is Hellboy II.

The tape today was all over the place. I unfortunately do believe we will attack Iran either directly or through a proxy, i.e. Israel. I have read a lot on the topic and from what I understand it would most likely be a night time attack and the best time to do that is when there is a new moon. This Thursday there is a new moon.

This Thursday the ECB is also meeting and I think they will raise rates. The U.S. markets close early- stocks at 1 PM and bonds at 2 PM. both markets are closed Friday for the Fourth. Thursday could be a scary day for the markets.

I am fairly certain that is not discounted by the markets right now. I think it is possible that oil will trade above $150. There are still over 6,000 banks in the country, my guess is a couple of years from now there will be a lot less. Last week someone in the market bought serious end of the world type protection that got noticed by a lot of people. I don't think LEH will disappear.

The boss and I had drinks tonight with another trader in the business. Here is the surreal part. He works at the same firm as the husband and lives in Hoboken as well. He is pretty damn cute too. I am fairly certain he doesn't know the connection between me and the husband. He has dreamy blue eyes, lol.

I told the husband I am not doing any driving this weekend. I am taking the train out to the beach after work. All that means is I will have to make dinner. The husband's assistant, his wife and a woman who work with them are coming out to the beach for the weekend. The Fourth is when the annual Invasion of the Pines occurs. I have no idea what it entails but will be sure to report back.

No comments: