Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I wasn't expecting that...

So last night the partnership that owns our apartment- we rent, no need to be long real estate now- informed us they were putting the place up for sale. The husband had been considering buying it but I and he think they are asking too much. I told the landlord that and he said he already has the buyer. So we are going to move. I made an appointment to look at a place on the Hudson tomorrow. It's a huge building but it's close to the gym, there is a grocery store there, a cleaners, a liquor/wine shop, a SBUX and a RAD. The price will be about the same rent-wise but parking won't be included. It is also right next to the ferry to midtown which means the husband can take that and the free bus to his office. I will stick to the buss since I walk across the street to get to my office once I get off the bus.

Yesterday I did something I said I wouldn't- I agreed to doing another tri with the husband. He convinced me to do one down the shore in early OCT. It is not as big a one as the one we did in JUN. I then proceeded to goad my boss into it. He is now calling it the war down the shore. Today I exchanged many txt msgs with his wife nad goaded her into it as well. Why do I do this to myself, especially when all of them will cross the line ahead of me.

I am officially on vacation now. Tomorrow we are off to Vegas. But first I need to drive the kids out to my mother-in-law's and drop them off until we get back. Tehn I need to go to the gym- will probably swim- and get back to Hoboken to check out the possibel new rental. I have to pack tonight.

I saw a new hottie on the bus today. I'm gonna call him shaved head. He had his hair cut with probably a #1 razor and was really cute. I swam this morning too. As I was getting out this serious cutie took my lane.

We get back from Las Vegas Monday night and then we are out to the beach for the rest of the week so I will be in communicado until a week from tomorrow. Next weekend is the Pines PArty but we will not be at the beach because we have the boys. We decided that exposing them to a party weekend on FI is not worth the agita.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh fine - you won't expose your kids to a Pines Party, but you'll expose us!? My eyes will surely bleed from the horrors I will behold on that corrupt stretch of beach.