Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whoo hoo- three day weekends rock

So, this mrning the husband and I got on the bus and there he was- a Daniel Craig look-alike. Holy shit he was hot! I immediately texted the husband "Woof!" He started laughing because he knew exactly what I meant. It was a really nice way to start the day.

The markets close early today for the 4th of July. I thnk a lot of people will be glad for that because the tape got real ugly in the last two hours yesterday. I was stunned when I saw that General Motors closed at a 54 year low- yes, that is not a typo, GM is now trading at a price last seen when my parents were teenagers. Mattel- the maker of Matchbox cars- now has a larger market cap that GM- a maker of real cars!

I am doing a research lunch today with the analyst who covers casual dining here. He, myself, the kid next to me and my secret man-crush in the office are going to Olive Garden. After that I am catching the train out to the beach.

We don't have the internet out at the beach so I will not be posting anything until Sunday evening at the earliest. Enjoy the 4th.

No comments: