Sunday, July 13, 2008

Is it ok if we teach them poker?

The weekend was a really great one. It started with my parents coming down Thursday evening. The husband and I took them out to dinner. After we played out usual game of pitch. My father and I took the 3 game series 2 to 1.

Friday the tape was a stomach churning roller coaster. My parents picked up the boys at Newark airport when they landed and drove them directly out to the beach. Then I left after the close and, picked up the kids and jumped into the truck, drove through the city and picked the husband up on a street corner then drove out to the ferry. We caught the 8 o'clock boat and I have to say it was an incredibly amazing sunset. We made dinner for us, my parents and TK joined us as well. We then played some more cards, I put the boys to bed and the husband, I and TK then went out.

Saturday the weather was amazing and we were in the pool most of the day. The boys also spent part of the morning playing cards with my parents. They started off with crazy eights and then my parents decided to teach them the basics of poker. My oldest came out and asked if I had any cool sunglasses for him to wear. I gave him my Oakley Gascans. I had asked my oldest to walk the kids on the beach with me and he passed. That was actually a good thing since as I was walking him I ran into a friend who was chatting with this woman of a certain age who just happened to be completely naked. I hear my friend call her Robin. The husband told me it was Robin Byrd.

The husband's mother and step-father came out in the late afternoon to have dinner with us all. The husband and I (mostly the husband) did all the prep work then we went to tea. By the time we got back the husband's step father had had quite a bit of wine. The man is normal the epitome of stoicism but he was a veritable chatter box. He said he thought he should visit more since the food was so good.

Ok, FNM and FRE are basically getting nationalized if you missed it. They aren't calling it that because it would freak too many people out. I think a lot of the reason that happened was because IMB was seized by the Feds. That was not a good thing. Anyways, the tape is going to continue to be in disarray for the rest of the year is my guess.

This week is still way too busy. The only really good thing is it is a three day week for me. Thursday we are off to Vegas. We get back Monday morning and are out to the beach for the week.

No comments: