Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The all clear has not been sounded

So I got to take adbantage of the perks one can avail oneself of on Wall Street tonight. I got to attend the premeire of Iron Man. A broker offered one of our small cap PMs tickets to the premeire at the Ziegfeld. Said PM is in China so his trader got the tickets and asked if I wanted to go. I said duh! I am a huge geek and have a big comic book collection (the ex-wife did not realize the value of it and I was able to get through the divorce with it in tact) in storage across the street from our apartment.

The other trader is a big geek too and he has been telling me we need to start weatching Torchwood. So I bought the first season and the husband and I will watch it along with season one of Heros over the summer on weekends out at the beach. We did the same this past summer and caught up on Supernatural.

Anyhow the movie was freakin' great and Robert Downey, Jr. is really good as Tony Stark but Jeff Bridges is even better as Obadiah Stane. The movie was fairly true to the whole Iron Man mythology. The ending was a pretty good twist too.

So I was rading about the new information about black holes. Not being a scientist I was a bit taken aback by one comment in the article that said no one knows what the inside of a black hole looks like. Hello- the name is pretty self explanatory- it's black and it's a hole!

JP is going off to Maine for a month for work in mid MAy but I am going to see him Monday. His brother is in town and he asked if the husband and I wanted to go to Splash for Musical Monday with him and tried to spin it as we could celebrate Cinco de Mayo. The husband is passing but since JP is a fratenity brother I am in. Plus I have only been to Splash once before.

So the Fed cut rates one more time today. The tape sold off and ya know why? The Fed's actions speak louder than words and their actions are saying this credit crisis is not over. The banks are basically telling you that with all of the capital raising they are still doing. The Fed is continuing to devalue the dollar and at some point we will all be usinf dolphin teeth like the natives of the Solomon Islands to buy everything from groceries to brides.

I think we are stuck in a trading range- but 'em at 1300 and sell 'em at 1400. This tape is going to grind down a lot of people. There is still too much excess capacity in my business.

The FDIC is putting forth a plan that would make the Treasury loan directly to homeowners moeny so they can pay down the principal on their current mortgages they can't afford to begin with. That annoys the shit out of me to no end! Shelia Bair should be fired!

Also where is the uproar about food companies and all the profits they are making? When oil companies started making record profits the politicians were screaming about instituting a windfall profit tax. Why isn't anyone saying that about the food companies?

Two athletes in the news that I read about and both are pretty hot. Barry Zito is a pitcher- but I bet I could make a catcher out of him? Sean Avery is the Ranger in the news who is smoking. Unfortunately he lacerated his spleen.

No comments: