Monday, April 7, 2008

One more time with feeling...

Saturday night we stayed in and I tried yet again to get the husband to watch BTVS and join the club. He was hesitant and I compromised he only had to watch two episodes. I chose them. The first was Hush. The second was One More time With Feeling. After watching those two episodes I realized how much I miss both Buffy and Angel. They were two of the best shows I have ever watched.

Sunday we went out to the husband's parents house out on Long Island. We had a nice lunch with them and looked at new patio furniture for their awesome back deck looking over the bay between their house and Fire Island. We drove home back through the city,I dropped him off at the pool to swim for his triathlon training. It then took me quite some time to get through the Lincoln Tunnel due to the Greek Independence Day Parade. I was starting to feel a little green in my gills. By the time I got home it was too late to get to the gym and run but I was out of it. I felt like I was going to throw up. Went to bed and today felt like such dog shit did not eat. Got home, took a nice nap, had some dinner and feel much better.

I am reading a really amazing book right now that once I finish it I will put it on my Shelfari.

Today on Bloomberg one of the top fifteen read stories was about Princess Di being unlawfully killed by her drunk chauffeur. Seriously, who the fuck cares about her anymore. Get a life people.

The more important thing I think that was on the newswires was that the Fed waived some serious regulations for JPM in order to get the deal with BSC consummated. It made me think how scared the Fed was that they would waive capital transfer regs for JPM. The other thing that stunned me was the Boston Fed President Rosengren saying he is surprised that the housing market is not showing any signs of recovering. Seriously they should not let this guy make public comments. I found out he has a PhD in economics and went to Colby; it is quite an indictment on Colby that he is an alum of theirs and gives me even more reason hate Boston.

Mark to market is a way firms have to price securities they hold. Way back when before loans and other debt instruments were sliced and diced every which way (it's called securitization) banks could mark the loans to what they expected to get paid back- no big deal. But these days you can't do that and it is causing all kinds of problems these days for all manner of financial firms. They are arguing they should be able to do what the banks of yore got to do but see they did not originate the loan and don't actually hold it so they shouldn't be allowed to treat them the way banks of yore got to.

I read a scary rumor that the U.S. is getting ready to strike Iran military facilities- I really hope that does not come to pass.I asked a friend of mine who used to be military intelligence, he has been out about 5 years and didn't have anything to add.

The shagginess is really starting to get to me. I can't wait until the day before the race to cut it. I will not be going shaggy again again I think.

No comments: