Monday, April 28, 2008

Stereotypes just save time

The rain came today- of course after I spent the weekend adding 300 miles to the truck. The games were actually not that bad. Sunday my little guy actually did real well especially when he played in the infield. At one point his older brother actually sat and watched some of the game with me and commented on why can't his brother make a play like that; I pointed out it was his brother who made that play and he was mightily impressed. They lost the game but my youngest told me it was because they had a fourth grader and so they were cheaters.

When I got home the husband had gone to the pet store and bought new collars for the dogs. He got freakin' rainbow collars for them! I looked at him and asked if he was kidding and why would he do that to them and us? He said we are two gay guys with small dogs and they will fit right in on Fire Island this summer. He loves messing with me.

Saturday when I was watching little league the husband went and borrowed a triathlon bike from a friend of his. He told me the cute married guy (NOT German Shepard) in the building saw him and said great bike, I do tris too. We should go ride some time. I told the husband you are both married so don't get any ideas...

Last night we had dinner with TK and WP in the city and then we went and saw Smart People. It was very funny and Dennis Quaid is great in it. The humor reminded me of Lars And The Real Girl. We got home a bit late for a Sunday and that did not help me getting up this morning. I had to swim for a hour and it wasn't that hard but I was ready for a nap around 4 when the markets closed. I skipped riding the bike tonight, I can do that tomorrow morning.

Mr. Barrett, Mr. Clifford and Mr. Clifford's bf will be visiting us at the beach this summer. The weekend we agreed to is actually the weekend of the Acension Party. I have never been to it so it will be interesting.

My friend the bond guy says the housing market has at least another 12% to the down side and that will get it back to trend. I don't disagree but there is no such thing as a national real estate market. Real estate really is local and/or regional. Still, I am glad I am not currrently long real estate. He also thinks that we have been in a recession since FEB and will not get out of it until JAN of '09 and we will have the dreaed double dip; i.e. we will slide right bak into recession after a brief respite in Q1 of '09.

Speaking of the economy, the Fed meets this week. Fed funds futures are saying a 75% chance of a 25 bps cut. That is a huge reversal from two weeks ago. I really hope Bernake and crew have read their Bagehot. I am going to go out on a limb and say they do nothing.

No comments: