Monday, April 21, 2008

At least the BOE is calling it by the right name...

I had a great swim this morning, the pool was not that crowded. I think I swam close to 2400 yards in 42 minutes, not sure because I lost count of my laps after 130. I felt pretty damn good. The only draw back is I did not shave and to be honest I am pretty lazy about shaving in general so I have some serious scruff. Not a big deal, I can shave tomorrow.

Is it just me or does a short sleeve, button down oxford cloth shirt irk anyone else when worn in the office? There is a guy in the office who I think has a wide stance and he was wearing one today and it totally annoyed me all day, lol.

I had forgotten about it but the company I work for has a new website and back in November I had to wear a suit and get my picture taken for it. Everyone on the desk did actually so when it was out we had a lot of fun altering each others pics. I sent the link to the husband and he made me blush by calling me papi and telling me it was yummy.

The older woman on the desk who is pretty much the Den Mother to the pack of Cub Scouts I work with (myself included) has a dark side. She keeps this huge bowl of candy and treats next to her desk. Everyone knows about it and tons of people stop by during the day for a quick treat or pick me up or cheat on their diets. Today after lunch I noticed she had yodels- or the ugly step brother of Ho Hos as I call them. I ran down to the deli across the street and grabbed an ice coffee and had them for dessert after lunch.

Have recently reconnected with a friend from college who lives in the city and also does triathlons. He is going to do the Alcatraz tri which is supposed to be pretty amazing and tough to get into. I am impressed.

So the Bank Of England (BOE) has drunk the Kool-Aid we in the U.S. made and agreed to start buying MBS. At least they are honest enough to call it a liquidity scheme as opposed to liquidity facility that our central bank is calling it.

No comments: