Thursday, April 10, 2008

I hope it rains this weekend

The charity wine tasting/dinner last night was fun. There was a lot of food and couldn't finish it all. Met some nice people too and it was for a good cause. I was home a bit later than I anticipated but did not sleep in the boys room.

There were not any hotties I noticed on the bus this morning. Work was kind of slow today. Did a lot of reading, some interesting stuff but nothing worth mentioning. I did find out Mr. Barrett has IM so I chatted with him a bit today.

I left the office late because we had a meeting until 5:30. I walked across the street to the Port Authority and figured I'd be able to catch a quick bus home. That was so not the case. I had to wait almost 30 minutes but that was ok because I played Brick Breaker and achieved a new high score and made it to level 16. When the bus exited the Lincoln Tunnel I found the cause of the delay- one lane was closed off because of construction.

The husband had a business dinner so I grabbed a slice of pizza for dinner then finished the book I have been reading. The book is Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow. It was not what I expected when I bought it but it is a great book.

Today was an amazing weather day- mid seventies and sunny. I looked at the weather forecast for the weekend and saw it is supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. I kind of hope it does because that means I won't have to chauffeur the boys back and forth for the baseball games. I stated this at work and several other of the guys with kids laughed and said the same thing- on weekends in the spring they aren't upset if it rains because it means no little league. We all agreed it doesn't make us bad fathers.

No comments: