Thursday, April 3, 2008

Electric blue toenails...

Yesterday my friend in the fly over state emailed me from rehab. He gets out tomorrow. He relayed a story in which an 18 year old heroin addicted hippie chick gave him a pedicure and painted his toenails electric blue. He said it was the most sensual experience he has had. He went on to say how no one there gets where he is coming from; a 42 year old polo wearing white guy who is real snotty and drives a Range Rover. His group is growing in numbers but the IQ is going down. He and I always joke and sign off on emails and txt msgs with BFF, lol, like teenage girls. He really is a BFF though; we have been through everything. We met in the business when we were both single young guys at our respective firms, have been through marriage and children, deaths in the family and divorce- he because his soon to be ex-wife is a cheating whore and me because I like cock. He has one upped me though with this rehab thing. I will not be competing on that one.

Last night the husband and I had drinks with a friend of mine from high school. I re-connected with her two years ago when dealing with my 20 year high school reunion. she lives in the city with her husband and children. We had a blast. I have known her since 1st grade. Our families went to the same church, we had our First Communion,, First Penance and Confirmation together as well as graduated from high school together. I was psyched when last night she told me I was always handsome and smart. The husband died and said great, way to feed his ego.

Last night my youngest said he got a photo album and wanted pictures of me, the husband, me and the husband together, one of each of the dogs and then the dogs together, one of me the husband and the dogs and then one of me the husband, the dogs and him and his brother. I told him no problem, the next weekend they are here we'll take all those pictures and get them developed to go home with him.

The husband loves wearing my fraternity sweatshirt at night. I laugh and tell him he is the sweetheart of the fraternity. JP is a fraternity brother of mine and he cracks up at the story.

There is one blog I read at work that deals with a lot of stuff in my business. Today's post had a certain term used that made me think I knew who the writer was. I had a feeling it was a friend of mine and when I read that one phrase I knew it was him. I IMed him and asked and he admitted it was but I could not tell anyone. I swore to him it would go to the grave with me.

I don't feel like going into mark to market tonight so will save that for Saturday or Sunday since tomorrow night we are going to the wedding. The husband is psyched to drink with my mom. His job stress level has been high lately and he and mom get along great; as my brother said he is the daughter in law my mother always wanted but never had.

As I was getting ready to leave today one of the outside lines rang and I picked it up. It was some marketing call from Bombay (I refuse to call if Mumbai much like I still refer to Istanbul as Constantinople) offering me a free dentist appointment and teeth whitening. I asked where is the dentist and he said in NYC. I said where and what is his name? He could not understand what I was asking and I could nit understand what he was answering so I thanked him for the offer and told him I am good with the dentist I currently have who also happens to be in NYC.

Thursdays in my biz are referred to as Thirsty Thursdays. I did not go out tonight, had to run (I ran 4 miles in 38 minutes) for my training. The husband did though and got home all goofy and smiling. I told him leave me alone while I write, go take a nap and I will wake you up in a half hour so you can check in on Asia.

No comments: