Saturday, April 12, 2008

Call him Master Chief

Yesterday I picked up the boss's phone line because he was off the desk in a meeting. It was his wife. She and I got chatting about how we are both hoping it would rain this weekend so we wouldn't have to suffer through little league. She promised me she would do her rain dance.

Then there is the hot data services provider rep who was in the office. He hasn't been around in a while and I forgot about him but have to say he still looks really hot. The kid next to me started laughing and told me to shut my mouth before I caught flies.

Last night the husband and I caught up with lasts weeks BSG season premiere and watched this week's new episode. All I can say is wow, great season opener and am totally psyched for the whole season.

Back when I went out to Copper Mountain one of my friends and I got talking about World Of Warcraft. We had been part of a group that played AD&D and were reminiscing about it when he asked if I played WoW. I said no because I was afraid I'd get sucked in to it in toto. Well we have emailed back and forth since and we have decided to give it a trial run. We have taken a blood oath only to play once a week and only when we both can. He said he was not telling his wife, lol.

It rained all night but was sunny when I got up. I called the little league hot line to see if the games where still on. They were. So We drove down and got there only to find out the field my youngest was to play on was a swamp. All of us parents were highly doubtful there would be a game. I immediately texted my boss's wife and said so much for your rain dance, we have a game. Her response was "Fuckers. Us 2." The coach got there and after conferring with the other coach and the league officials the game was cancelled and they practiced in the outfield. One of the other dad's asked me what my son's nickname was; apparently they had all chosen nicknames at their first practice. When we got in the truck to go home I asked him what his nickname was. He told me Master Chief. His older brother burst out laughing saying that is cool and does anyone know where it comes from. The answer was no, no one knows. I laughed as well.

Tonight the four of us are celebrating my oldest son's birthday even though it is not until Wednesday. He wants sushi for his birthday and I baked a cake.

No comments: